Quickening

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm 99% sure that I can feel the baby moving! DH thinks it's too early yet but I think he's wrong. I'm over 15 weeks and I feel what are like little muscle twitches in my lower abdomen. If they were ever in the same place twice I might think it really was just a muscle spasm but they move across my stomach. I think maybe he's a little hurt that he can't feel them yet but he will soon I hope.

Of course, just when I though all the yucky symptoms were gone (lately my only indication of pregnancy is my growing belly) I woke up this morning and totally randomly got a bloody nose! I'm 29 and have NEVER had a bloody nose until now but I knew it was a possibility.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my excitement! My little nugget is most definitely moving!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bloody nose? It's probably dry in your house, but check your blood pressure!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Bloody nose? It's probably dry in your house, but check your blood pressure!
It's VERY dry in my house (ask the poor static ridden cats) but pregnancy can also cause bloody noses because of the increased blood flow in the body as well as a thinning of the respiratory linings. Oh, and I check my blood pressure regularly and it's always right around 120/70.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That sounds like baby movements alright
I felt the odd one too at that stage but then they would go away for a week or more
They didn't become more regular till around 19 weeks and then DH could feel them.

I'm right there with you with the whole bloody nose thing
I don't think the dryness in the house helps so we are going to get a humidifier.

Congratulations!!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miss Mew

That sounds like baby movements alright
I felt the odd one too at that stage but then they would go away for a week or more
They didn't become more regular till around 19 weeks and then DH could feel them.

I'm right there with you with the whole bloody nose thing
I don't think the dryness in the house helps so we are going to get a humidifier.

Congratulations!!
Thanks!

If I had to guess I'd say I feel something about every 4 or 5 days. I really can't wait until he can feel them too. It's just so cool!

We've got a humidifier downstairs and one upstairs in the bedroom but they don't seem to do a lot to help.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats!
You definitely felt the baby move. I started feeling movement around 18 weeks. They said if you carried before you will feel it sooner. The way you described it, is how hubby did last night. He felt his kicks for the first time last night.

I also was stuffy and had a dry nose the first 3 months. It does clear up.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats!!

Yes thats your little nugget moving!!
I absolutely loved being pregnant just for that reason
wait until nugget gets the hiccups!

ladylonewolf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Congratulations!

Sounds like it's definitely the baby moving. I felt my son move for the first time at 19 weeks - I had gone for my first ultrasound that day, actually! My hubby couldn't feel the baby for a few weeks after that, though. But he was ecstatic when he did, just like your hubby will be!

I remember my hubby putting his face on my belly, and my son kicking him square in the cheek.

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awesome! It's so special to feel those little movements. Tell hubby not to doubt you....he will able to feel them pretty soon himself. Make sure when the baby is playing soccer with your internal organs, that he gets to feel that, too!

What a special time in your life! Take the time to enjoy it, it's a wonderful journey!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yep, that feels like the first flutterings

I got a bloody nose as well - moreso toward the end, and it was so annoying!!!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I had another checkup on Firday and although the Dr. wouldn't say that it was "impossible" to feel movement he did say that with a first pregnancy it's more likely felt around 20 weeks. Bah! What do they know? It's my body and I'm very familiar with it.

Oh, and my BP was 108/60. I'm stopping back in this week for a few blood tests and my flue shot and my first ultrasound is scheduled for Jan. 2nd!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a little concerned. I just went in for that blood work and my flu shot (ouch!) and the lady drawing my blood asked me an unsettling question. She wanted to know if I was still on insulin? Why is this unsettling you may wonder... because I've NEVER taken insulin and never been diagones as diabetic! My next real appointment is the 2nd with my "regular" Dr. so I'm going to ask him to go over my chart then just to make sure everything else is right. DH is NOT going to like this!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

I'm a little concerned. I just went in for that blood work and my flu shot (ouch!) and the lady drawing my blood asked me an unsettling question. She wanted to know if I was still on insulin? Why is this unsettling you may wonder... because I've NEVER taken insulin and never been diagones as diabetic! My next real appointment is the 2nd with my "regular" Dr. so I'm going to ask him to go over my chart then just to make sure everything else is right. DH is NOT going to like this!
I am sure she was just confused. We have had a few bumps with our OB too but everything is working out. Did you get dizzy at all?

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

Why would she even ask that?
Maybe because one of the tests was to check my thyroid level?
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

I am sure she was just confused. We have had a few bumps with our OB too but everything is working out. Did you get dizzy at all?
It wouldn't have been her that marked it and it was clearly marked in my chart. That would have been my intake nurse 2 months ago. Either way, I'm going to have them double check it all just to be sure. Nope, no dizziness but they only took one vial and I went right after lunch.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

Maybe because one of the tests was to check my thyroid level?

It wouldn't have been her that marked it and it was clearly marked in my chart. That would have been my intake nurse 2 months ago. Either way, I'm going to have them double check it all just to be sure. Nope, no dizziness but they only took one vial and I went right after lunch.
That is a very strange question. Good Luck and don't worry in the meantime.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll definitly be checking it out when I see the Dr. I just hope this doesn't put DH off even more. Last time they asked if we had been called about my thyroid level... we hadn't. He also isn't thrilled about my having to see ALL the Dr.s in the office but it makes sense.

chrissyr

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The sooner you know the better. I had Gestational Diabetes when I was pregnant and had to watch what I ate and take meds. So, if I was in your shoes, I wouldn't wait. Call and find out now.