Need prayers for Lita

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Lita my 6 year old Ragdoll has been hiding for the last 1 1/2 days.....I found her under my bed at 2:00am today. She is bone thin and wobbly falling down when she walked. I called a couple of friends to take me to the emergency vet and no one would climb out of bed to help. I was very intoxicated and did not want to drive myself. Today at noon one of my friends came out to take me to the vet. I told the vet that it has to be a credit as I am unemployed and have a lot of debt. He agreed and did some basic checks. She had a 103 temperature and was very dehydrated so he hooked up an IV to give her some fluids. He force fed her with a syringe some prescription canned food. She is very weak and lethargic just sleeping or staring into space. The vet said to bring her back tomorrow morning so he can do a reexamine. I sure hope that she lives through the night and I am very concerned about here. She was in great health 3 days ago and this all came on so quickly. I will force feed her again before I go to bed tonight. Lita did wobble off the couch and headed for the cat litter box. I picked her up and carried her in the box and she at least pied in the box. Please say a prayer that Lita lives though the night and recovers

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
and prayers for a quick recovery

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Prayers for her.
I wish the vet had kept her there.
I have had it go both ways when they were like that.
Last Dec 4th I found Stormy like that almost dead.
We rushed to the vet but her kidneys were gone and she has to be pts Dec 5th the next day.
They think she had kidney cancer.
Can you take her to the vet today again.
I think she has a better chance at the vets.
Do you know what her blood tests show?
Two of my cats I have now were very bad and they lived.
I was told to have Coco pts at age 9.5.
She is now 16.9 years old.
Meeko almost died at 3 months and could not even stand and weighed 1 pound.
She has a heart murmur and is 8.5 years old now.
Prayers she will be ok.

the_food_lady

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Poor kitty, she's obviously been sick for some time if she's "bone thin." Too bad you couldn't have taken her to the vet much sooner, when she first started losing weight.

Many prayers for this dear girl.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I had Lita at the vet again today to get another IV dose of fluids and another antibiotic injection. She will go back tomorrow as well. She is slowly improving. She has been peeing in her box but no bowel movements in about 32+ hours
She is drinking water out of her bowl now but still needs to be force fed the A/D Science Diet canned food. She is still sluggish and has problems walking without falling but she is getting a little better each day. I am unemployed so I watch her constantly all day to see her progress. No blood work yet as we are trying to watch the cost. If the vet felt them necessary....then I would go for it. Remember.....all this is on credit as I do not have the money for the vet bills right now until I find a job. In Michigan......that is like hitting the lottery because the economy is so horrible here. Thanks for the prayers and keep them coming

the_food_lady

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Slave2_Ragdolls

I had Lita at the vet again today to get another IV dose of fluids and another antibiotic injection. She will go back tomorrow as well. She is slowly improving. She has been peeing in her box but no bowel movements in about 32+ hours
She is drinking water out of her bowl now but still needs to be force fed the A/D Science Diet canned food. She is still sluggish and has problems walking without falling but she is getting a little better each day. I am unemployed so I watch her constantly all day to see her progress. No blood work yet as we are trying to watch the cost. If the vet felt them necessary....then I would go for it. Remember.....all this is on credit as I do not have the money for the vet bills right now until I find a job. In Michigan......that is like hitting the lottery because the economy is so horrible here. Thanks for the prayers and keep them coming
Why wouldn't the Vet find it necessary for bloodwork to be done? He has no idea whatsoever what is wrong with her; what's caused her to become so thin, to be so weak, to have stopped eating - there's got to be an underlying cause. It's great to rehydrate her and give her antibiotics but that's kind of like shooting in the dark and treating the symptoms without figuring out the root cause of them. I'm sure cost is an issue and I can appreciate as I was laid off 2.5 months ago and am still looking for work (desperately!) but wouldn't it be more cost effective in the long run to run some basic bloodwork: kidneys, liver, check for diabetes, etc.....? I'll continue to pray for your kitty, and that you find a job soon!

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by the_food_lady

Why wouldn't the Vet find it necessary for bloodwork to be done? He has no idea whatsoever what is wrong with her; what's caused her to become so thin, to be so weak, to have stopped eating - there's got to be an underlying cause. It's great to rehydrate her and give her antibiotics but that's kind of like shooting in the dark and treating the symptoms without figuring out the root cause of them. I'm sure cost is an issue and I can appreciate as I was laid off 2.5 months ago and am still looking for work (desperately!) but wouldn't it be more cost effective in the long run to run some basic blood work: kidneys, liver, check for diabetes, etc.....? I'll continue to pray for your kitty, and that you find a job soon!
He said that it is kidneys more than likely. We decided to try the fluids and an antibiotic shots.......blood work around here is $100 that I do not have right now. We will discuss this further tomorrow morning. If she does not improve more by tomorrow.....we will go the blood work route. I trust my vet as I have had him for 4 years. He is not a gold digger like a lot of vets around me are
Keep in mind that I have 6 indoor full grown cats and he has been wonderful with them all

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Here is the latest news on Lita......when I first took her to the vet 4 days ago she was bad......from a 1-10 scale with 1 being dead and 10 being perfectly healthy.....she was a "3" IMO
As of this writing she is a "7" after going to the vet each day for a antibiotic injection and IV fluids each day. I am still force feeding her SD c/d but she has been eating a little more Solid Gold tuna in the can each day. She is still thin but is looking and walking better each day. The vet feels that it is a kidney infection. Her temperature is down from 103 to 100 today also
I have a bag of IV fluids that he wants me to give to her daily as well as some amoxycillin liquid to give her 2 times a day for a week as well
Her an I have been near inseparable on the couch together as I watch her like a hawk. Lita follows me around the house just like a dog (she always has her whole life) When I go in the bathroom....she follows......when I go in the kitchen....she follows.....if I go in the bedroom she follows me 80% of the time
She stopped playing "follow the leader" for the 1st two days because she was so sick. Yesterday and today she is following and rubbing on me just like before
My vet has busted his ass for me to put all these services on "credit" and I can't thank him enough
It may be 1-2 months before I can pay him. He has not even mentioned the bill. He knows that I am unemployed and looking. Thanks for all the prayers and keep them coming as they have worked so far but we are still not out of the woods yet

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Lita continues to get better slowly........her weight is still low (6+ pounds)
I am force feeding her and she is loving it. She offers no fight at all......she takes the syringe full of A/D SD with ease. I think that she feels that why bend over to eat my food out of the bowl if you are gonna feed me by hand
Lita is doing much better......I have an IV that the vet wants me to give her over the next 5 days plus the pink antibiotic liquid over the next week
Please continue with your prayers......She is responding well to prayers......