Bubba Jr lost his Mojo

hwc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So, we've had two kittens now since August. Little Bubba Jr. is a strapping young lad. Always the life of the party. Play with anybody, anytime, anywhere. Jump in your lap. Give you a head butt. Whatever.

Miss Scaredy Cat. Well, she spent the first seven days under a bed. It took my wife three months to even touch the cat. Scared of its own shadow.

I'm telling our Thanksgiving houseguests that Bubba willl be all over them and they won't see hide nor hair of Miss Scaredy Cat.

So what happens? Bubba Jr spends two days cowering in the back of a closet while Miss Scaredy cat prances around like a buxom blond bombshell putting on a show for our guests.

Cats. Go figure. Now, I just have to help Little Bubba Jr. find his Mojo!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cats are like kids, the moment you tell someone to "look or notice" something, the cat will do the opposite

binkyhoo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have had cats that only came out for some special people and no others. All my cats loved Grandpa but some disliked my mother. The cat that liked my mom disliked my petsitter. My moms cats like me but only likes one of her neighbor friends, (out of three) Go figure? I think no cat likes a houseful of people, such are Holidays. Having said that neither do I.

Kitty soap box.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have heard experts say that cats can sense who doesn't like them, and they go to try to disarm the hate.

I have friends who know Bill Clinton personally, and they said he was like that, too. He would inevitably go to the person at the party who disliked him, and try to win them over. Not a bad instinct, I'd say.

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

I have heard experts say that cats can sense who doesn't like them, and they go to try to disarm the hate.

I have friends who know Bill Clinton personally, and they said he was like that, too. He would inevitably go to the person at the party who disliked him, and try to win them over. Not a bad instinct, I'd say.
It depends. It can be a good way to get a poke in the eye (for a human) or a swat (for a cat) depending on how much the person dislilkes you.