new kitty!

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone! I just got Jake last week. He was supposed to be 5 weeks old last week, so now he should be 6 weeks old. I am not exactly sure though because I asked his mommy's owners when his birthday is just yesterday and they said "we don't remember but it has been a month" ...I know he is definitely more than a month old. Anyway here is Jake!

I would appreciate it if anyone can tell me his official color. I did some research and so far all I know is that he is a black tabby and white. But I don't know to be a tabby he needs two colors besides the white and all I have been able to identify is the black...I was thinking he might be a ticked tabby but I don't think he is because you can't tell from the picture but you can see the tabby stripes on his belly and his sides .... so my nest guess is mackerel tabby. So if anyone can help me with the other color please feel free! Thanks

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fastnoc and Ms Freya thanks he appreciates it hehe
Laureen227,
Yea, that same picture from the link was on wikipedia so I looked at it but the only thing that doesn't match with him being a ticked tabby is his belly and sides- here are some pics that show that a little better

Maybe it's possible to have residual markings besides the places shown on that link?? Maybe that's just an example?
Anyway at first I thought it was black and silver but then I realized it may be black and red...
I don't know I think I might post about this in the breeders section..
So does he look more 5 weeks old or 6 weeks old? Haha if it's even possible to tell from pics..but i'd like to hear opinions..I really wish I knew his birthday..sigh..

wyatturpsmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What an absolute cutie pie! And that face! You can always make up a "birth date." I've had to do that for all of mine. I would wait until he gets his more adult coat to decide his exact coloring. They change a lot from that little. Lilly-Rose's baby pictures show more stripes than she shows now.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ut0pia

Maybe it's possible to have residual markings besides the places shown on that link?? Maybe that's just an example?
Anyway at first I thought it was black and silver but then I realized it may be black and red...
if it's black & red - are you sure he's a boy?

simpleblue

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I love the bright blue eyes.

Also, you took some good action shoots. It's cute to see the kitties in action.

Give Jake a hug for me.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there
we're so happy to get the chance to welcome you and your gorgeous new kitty to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Welcome to our community of caring people who love cats. Jake is adorable.