rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Oscarsmommy

To start the opposite of Karen's thread,

http://www.spinner.com/2007/12/07/12...as-songs-no-12

What is your favorite Christmas song?

I LOVE O' Holy Night. Will always be a favorite!

And I loveHappy Xmas War is Over by John Lennon

I know there's more I love since I LOVE LOVE Christmas, but what are your favorites?
Both excellent songs... my favorite recording of O Holy Night is by John Berry, a country artist... I like other versions, but his blows me away every time... clear, beautiful voice...

I can't think of any others I REALLY love... except Silent Night... and my favorite version of that is (don't laugh) the one from John Denver and The Muppets... you get to hear the Muppets sing in the original German. I just love it!

Amanda

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
O Holy Night has got to be one of my favorites. Another is "Carol of the Bells". I also love "Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas" but that brings me to tears everytime. Oh, too many to name.....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RubSluts'Mommy

Both excellent songs... my favorite recording of O Holy Night is by John Berry, a country artist... I like other versions, but his blows me away every time... clear, beautiful voice...

I can't think of any others I REALLY love... except Silent Night... and my favorite version of that is (don't laugh) the one from John Denver and The Muppets... you get to hear the Muppets sing in the original German. I just love it!

Amanda
OH! We LOOOOOOOVE John Denver and the Muppets here! That has GOT to be a favorite-Silent Night

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It ain't Christmas in my world until I listen to John Denver and the Muppets!
I love that CD, and yes, it is out on CD if you grew up with it on an actual album like I did. My husband thought I was crazy when I found it.

That said, I think my favorite carol is Carol of the Bells. When it's sung right by a good choir it's just amazing.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

It ain't Christmas in my world until I listen to John Denver and the Muppets!
I love that CD, and yes, it is out on CD if you grew up with it on an actual album like I did. My husband thought I was crazy when I found it.

That said, I think my favorite carol is Carol of the Bells. When it's sung right by a good choir it's just amazing.
I have it on CD... I found it back in 1997 in a little record shop in Nashville, as I was passing through town. I grew u with it on tape... it was my very first tape as a kid... my present that year was that tape with a little monoaural tape placer/recorder in RED!

I was over the moon when i found it on CD in TN... I cherish that CD.

Amanda

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I love Carol of the Bells. But my fav is "God rest ye Merry Gentlemen". There doesn't seem to be a lot of versions out there so I'm usually stuck with medleys that have it or Barenaked Ladies.

megra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Without doubt, it has to be "Fairytale of New York" by The Pogues with Kirsty MacColl.

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't have a favorite song but my favorite album is Herb Alpert's Christmas Album. I grew up listening to that and have fond memories when I play it each year.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Amanda
Is this it?

I love Silent Night in German.

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know I'm crazy but I love Jingle Bells - by the Singing Dogs.

It's really catchy. Sometimes I just put it on repeat and play it over...and over...and over.

I have "Dr. Demento Presents: The Greatest Christmas Novelty CD Of All Time" and I like most of the other songs on there too.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
There are so many beautiful Christmas songs it's hard to choose. One of my favorites is "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day".

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise

Amanda
John Denver is normally one of my favorite singers, but not in this case. Stille Nacht is such a beautiful song when done properly but their German pronunciation is horrendous.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
ok, I absolutely do not agree with that list!! Where is White Christmas by Bing Crosby or Santa Baby by Eartha Kitt?? Call me old-fashioned, but the modern Christmas music does not stack up to the oldies.

My very favorite Christmas song is The First Noel and I also love Silver Bells, that one is not heard too much
it was my Grandmas' favorite song

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by megra

Without doubt, it has to be "Fairytale of New York" by The Pogues with Kirsty MacColl.

I love that song

Also Marys Boy Child by BoneyM
This was always on the radio on Christmas day when I was little. Happy days!

Carols it would probably be The First Noel