Worst Christmas Songs

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww I LOVE Bruce Springsteen's Santa Claus is Comin' to Town!

I don't understand the song "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas" I just don't get it

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Oscarsmommy

Aww I LOVE Bruce Springsteen's Santa Claus is Comin' to Town!

I don't understand the song "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas" I just don't get it
Come on, you never asked Santa for a hippopotamus when you were a kid??
I didn't...I figured if Santa couldn't swing a pony, a hippo was out of the question.

The one Christmas song that I hate is "The 12 days of Christmas". I seriously want to pull my hair out when I hear that one. Unless it's the muppet's version, or the one that goes...

"on the first day of christmas my true love gave to me.....a beer".
I have no idea who sings it, but it cracks me up every time I hear it!

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

Bob and Doug McKenzie...

After working retail I hate most Christmas music because I've heard it one a one hour loop for eight hours straight...

It's especially great with they have three versions of THE SAME SONG on the loop.

Yay.

Especially with that one "baby it's cold outside" where the one version really sounds like date rape.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I didn't think I had one, but I heard it today. It's Carol of the Bells with some alternate lyrics that don't have the same sound (that's the whole point of the song...to sound like bells), and whatever "choir" sings it doesn't do a good job anyway. They completely ruined a song trying to make it into a Jesus song. That's fine that Christmas means that to you, but not every song has to be about that - I don't see remakes of Frosty or Rudolph. There's so many beautiful songs about Jesus' Birth that there is no reason to ruin a good song that is meant to sound like church bells!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by Forensic

Bob and Doug McKenzie...

After working retail I hate most Christmas music because I've heard it one a one hour loop for eight hours straight...

It's especially great with they have three versions of THE SAME SONG on the loop.

Yay.

Especially with that one "baby it's cold outside" where the one version really sounds like date rape.
I worked retail during college. They always started the Christmas music before Thanksgiving. I was so sick of it by Christmas day that I threatened my sister with dirty looks if she went near the record player to play some. It took several years of not being retail before I could tolerate Christmas music.

The one that I can't stand is "Grandma got run over by a reindeer".

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I cannot stand "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer". That song has never been funny to me.

However, "Redneck Twelve Days of Christmas" cracks me up

Luckily, I didn't know many of the songs on this "worst" list. Love Springsteen though!

goonie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I hate the little drummer boy one...how annoying.."pa rum pa pum pum"? Ugh.
i do love the version done by David Bowie & Bing Crosby.
i hate the grandma got run over......... song

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

Come on, you never asked Santa for a hippopotamus when you were a kid??
I didn't...I figured if Santa couldn't swing a pony, a hippo was out of the question.

The one Christmas song that I hate is "The 12 days of Christmas". I seriously want to pull my hair out when I hear that one. Unless it's the muppet's version, or the one that goes...

Have you ever heard the one by "The Cryptkeeper" from "Tales of the Crypt"? It is hilarious!

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Essayons89

The best song by far is "Jingle Bombs" by Achmed the Dead Terrorist.
I actually can't think of a Christmas song that I don't like, and I worked retail for over five years and I'm pretty sure I have heard almost all of them, even the weird ones.

But... I do agree that Jingle Bombs is incredibly funny!

whuckleberry

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Aww, I love the Bruce song and the Smashing Pumpkins song. Can't say I agree with their 'worst' list.

I'm not a fan of "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas." I find it depressing.

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the offbeat Christmas songs. I own Dr. Demento's "Greatest Christmas Novelty CD of All Time" and I love most of those songs.

I like several of the songs on the "worst xmas songs" list including The Ramones 'Merry Christmas I Don't Wanna Fight Tonight' and 'Santa Baby' (but only if they don't play it too often, it gets old fast.)

The one Christmas song I really cannot stand is that "Hardrock, Coco and Joe" song. I can barely think about it because then it gets stuck in my head, and it is SO annoying!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hadn't heard of most of those songs, but I do agree about the Springsteen one, I do NOT like that song

my least favorite is Grandma too

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I hate the little drummer boy one...how annoying.."pa rum pa pum pum"? Ugh.
I love that one and Dominick the Donkey

Anything Cliff Richard is a big No-no

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Oscarsmommy

That is the worst Christmas song ever. The store I work in has a Christmas cd that plays over and over and I hear it about every 2 hours and it drives me nuts. I also really don't like Christmas Wrapping by the Waitresses. That one is played at my work a lot too.