Photoshop and wedding pictures

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG, that is beautiful! How did you do that? I have some pictures I would love to do the same thing to.

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you have photoshop you can use the pen tool (use 'paths'), trace around whatever you want to be in color then make a layer out of it. Blow it up real big so you can outline the subject well.

then right click 'make selection' 0 feather. right click again and choose 'new>layer via copy' Highlight the layer that has all the stuff you want black and white.

Go to 'image/mode/grayscale' and it will turn the layer black and white, but since your new layer wasn't selected it remains in color.

It's tedious to make really good outlines though, at least it is for me. i can do it but i get lazy

Then again, i'm just assuming that's how she did it, as that's the approach i'd use.

You can also do some neat stuff using this method. do the same thing that's done in the bottom one. outline the people. Then you can take the layer that has everything but the people you want focus on. Add a slight blur, guassian, maybe set it to 1.5. What happens is it adds a very slight blur to the layer, which makes the people you are focusing on appear VERY clear, and pronounced. fun stuff!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't actually use "photoshop"
though I do have photoshop elements... I can't figure it out, I just a program called photo explosion

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well whatever you used you did a great job. it looks really nice. both of them

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by sillyitiliangrl

(anyone know how to get rid of that blue light reflecting on us?)
Quick fix. Click on the foreground color palette and choose your color from the top of the groom's shirt. Using the Brush Tool with a soft-edged brush, set your mode to "color" and simply brush over the blue area.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldyCat

Quick fix. Click on the foreground color palette and choose your color from the top of the groom's shirt. Using the Brush Tool with a soft-edged brush, set your mode to "color" and simply brush over the blue area.
OOOH YEY THANK YOU

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldyCat

I simply love that picture of your cat nursing the kittens in your signature

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by fastnoc

I simply love that picture of your cat nursing the kittens in your signature
Thanks. That was when they were 2 or 3 days old. This is what they look like now.