very sleepy

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
today flash was quite active this morning but all she seems to want to do this afternoon is lie on our bed she was the same yesterday

could she be like this because she has been poorly and is just trying to get her energy back??

her coat is shiney and super soft her eyes are bright she is eating and drinking and is playing with sooty to then just curls up on the bed, not even going to sleep as such

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
see is fine like nothing was to bother her she is active and playing again, by she confuses me

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cats and kittens sleep a lot. Just keep an eye on her, but as long as she's doing the normal things like you say she is such as eating, drinking etc.... it doesn't sound anything to worry about.

Does she have to go back to the vet for a check up?.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
ive booked an appointment for her just incase for saturday, she has been good as gold tonight i think she is really just trying to get her energy back

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
she seems to of perked up during putting christmas decorations up

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
took flash to the emergency vets tonight and its not good news, she has eaten some sort of thin wire and its trapped in her small intestine, so she needs an operation and god only knows where im going to find the money for it!

especially after my mam made quite a point in saying she is just a £30 cat you can always buy a new one

howtoholdacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by -_aj_-

took flash to the emergency vets tonight and its not good news, she has eaten some sort of thin wire and its trapped in her small intestine, so she needs an operation and god only knows where im going to find the money for it!

especially after my mam made quite a point in saying she is just a £30 cat you can always buy a new one
Oh no! That's terrible, both the news and your mother's comment. She's a living animal and they're not replaceable like plants.

I'm so sorry for your bad news but on a positive note it sounds like your instincts were right on the money for this little girl. That's a great gift to have.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She has had her operation and she is slowly coming round from the anestetic (sp) every so often she twitches so i think she is in a bit of pain
im gutted i feel like its all my fault

esc2476

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

She has had her operation and she is slowly coming round from the anestetic (sp) every so often she twitches so i think she is in a bit of pain
im gutted i feel like its all my fault
You can not blame yourself. You sound like a great cat-mommy and Flash is lucky to have you. I hope she is doing ok.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
she looks a lot better than what she has over the last couple of days

she had to have about 8 cms of intestine removed to
tonight is cruical for her so she will be in my room tonight where i can watch over her like a hawk

sooty misses her like mad becuase the vet told us to keep him out of her way for tonight so hes sitting crying for her, its breaking my heart

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
just moved her from her cage into a big plastic box and shes drinking some water

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aw, bless her little heart. Sending healing vibes and lots of love to her and calming hugs to you.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
because she is a bubbly lively cat desnt sleep much when we are in at all she just wasnt herself and she is so much better now even though groggy you can tell shes not hurting no more

howtoholdacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad you were able to get the surgery done. It sounds like she's had great care and that the worst is over! Hang in there! Kitty surgery recovery can feel like being a new mom but it's much shorter! Our cat Hemmy had major surgery a few years back and I remember how exhausting it was but he's a healthy happy boy now and I'm so thankful that he's well and still with us!

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
she made it through the night and shes busy eating a little bit of food, i knew she was alright when she woke mammy and daddy up at 2am scratching her temp home haha
her new home untill her wound is heald is none other than a big indoor rabbit cage hehe

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
never been so appier to clean up cat poop, its a week of firsts for flash again

she is doing really good, so pleased we went to the emergency vets she is such a different cat

esc2476

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

never been so appier to clean up cat poop, its a week of firsts for flash again

she is doing really good, so pleased we went to the emergency vets she is such a different cat
Great News!!!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just curious...did the vet show you the wire? And, if so, did you recognize it? This might be something that happened before you ever laid eyes on her.