Panther sneezing from X-mas tree?!?

dogstar5988

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I recently noticed Panther sneezing A LOT! But it didn't start until we put up our Christmas tree about 5 days ago. She seems a little lethargic and also seems to not eat quite as much as usual (although she still eats most of her food). However she still seems to play just as much as normal and is just as feisty, she just seems a little off her game. So I am wondering if this could be related to the tree (blue spruce) that is now in our house filling it with its pine odor, or if it could be something more serious like a URI. Any ideas? Thanks

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dogstar5988

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Could be that, never knew about mold on Christmas trees. I guess I'll just take her into the vet as soon as I can just to be sure. I've noticed when she sneezes that if there is any discharge it is clear so I'm not super worried about it. I just don't think I've ever had/heard of a cat having this reaction to a x-mas tree, or even having a sneezing problem for that matter. Thanks

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is there a possibility that she could have had any of the water you use to water the tree?

ronit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I care for many strays and in one of the places I feed the cats there is one cat that sneezes ALL spring when plants and flowers blossom.. so maybe there is something in the tree that makes him sneeze...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dogstar5988

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Is there a possibility that she could have had any of the water you use to water the tree?
Absolutly, I've seen her drink out of the water quite a few times. She also drinks from my Bamboo plant and any other source of water that is not her dish. Could it be related?

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by DogStar5988

Absolutly, I've seen her drink out of the water quite a few times. She also drinks from my Bamboo plant and any other source of water that is not her dish. Could it be related?
The water from the tree can make a cat very sick. She does not need to drink it at all. If you notice her lethargic, vomitting, she needs to go to the vet ASAP.