I have insomnia

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is 2:30 am here and I have been up for 1/2 hour. I am so glad that one of our PBS stations has a pledge drive going on so I can watch a Rick Steve's marathon. I am not sure why the station is still running the pledge drive at this hour. Maybe they think that people who have been partying will be happy to part with their money.

Of course, Butzie is only too happy with this arrangement. She demanded some more wet food. A cat and human match made in heaven.

I have prescribed sleeping pills but I feel asleep early and didn't take them.
So now it is too late to take them because I will be too groggy later to go to salsa. I think that is a catch-22.

Gotta go and pet and play with Butzie.

Anybody else have this problem?

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
me, because i drink that much coffee through the day i get roughly 3 hours before going to work, its not good, i have to stop drinking it at dinner time if i want to get a full nights sleep

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by -_aj_-

me, because i drink that much coffee through the day i get roughly 3 hours before going to work, its not good, i have to stop drinking it at dinner time if i want to get a full nights sleep
I only drink decaf coffee, but Diet Coke...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH just went to get bagels and Starbucks. I ordered the "why bother?" - grande, decaf, with skim milk and Splenda.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by butzie

I only drink decaf coffee, but Diet Coke...
One thing I have been told (even after i tell my doctors I don't buy soda and bring it home) is to not drink anything caffeinated after a certain point in the day. I gave myself a cutoff of early afternoon with coffee, but it also has a LOT more caffeine than a can of soda. I would say no later than about 5 or 6pm. Drink decaf tea, or water or juice after that. It helps your body come down from what caffeine is in your body...

Originally Posted by -_aj_-

i dont do decafe, should be banned hehe, im a caffine addict
I have the exact same mentality... there really is no point... because one likes the 'taste?' blech. I drink it for the kick... not the taste... When i was running the Green Room at Orycon this last weekend, I had to go out for decaf for some of our panelists... I sat there thinking 'why bother?' but someone wanted it... so I got some...

Amanda

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been like this since I was a baby... Now that I have a kitten and not working until 1/01, I can easily (and have done so) change the day for the night... I am naturally an owl! Kitty loves it

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That stinks. I have been waking up in the middle of the night, too... and then I feel lousy during the day and MUST have a nap. Not good.

Rosemary, it may be stress related. Under the circumstances, I wouldn't be surprised. What about doing some kind of meditation before bed or relaxation techniques.

I think mine is related to stress, as well as being 49 years old and likely having some menopausal symptoms.

Good luck!!

pookieboy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've had chronic insomnia most of my adult life. The only caffeine I have is that first cup of morning coffee. Every other cup after that is decaf. Prescription sleep aids scare me because of the fear of addiction so now I have a couple glasses of wine and pop a 3 miligram Meletonin pill [available at Walgreens, OTC]. Works like a charm
!