Made apple crisp for a potluck but...

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How the heck do I know if it turned out good?!

I just realized, I have to leave it intact for the church potluck tomorrow...but what if its gross and disgusting? People will be eating it, and I will die of embarassment if it doesn't taste right.

I will be stressed all morning tomorrow! Then staring at all the people eating it to see their reactions

I did not think this through

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah, I do understand. Here's the trick I use: just provide a nice big serving spoon that's conveniently dipped into one corner of the dish when you carry it into the event! No one will ever know you took a taste from under where the spoon is inserted...

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Ah, I do understand. Here's the trick I use: just provide a nice big serving spoon that's conveniently dipped into one corner of the dish when you carry it into the event! No one will ever know you took a taste from under where the spoon is inserted...

(great minds think alike!
)

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

(great minds think alike!
)
too bad you didn't make a small extra dish for taste-testing!
seriously, how bad could it be? what was your recipe?

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I seriously doubt a home made apple crisp can turn out bad!!!! So, did you do the spoon trick yet?

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I volunteer to taste test your apple crisp....warmed with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Originally Posted by Essayons89

I volunteer to taste test your apple crisp....warmed with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
I like both of these ideas.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, didn't try the spoon trick...I might just wing it tomorrow. It looks too pretty to cram a spoon into

The recipe I used called for using Bisquick, and I noticed the little chunks of it just would not seperate no matter how much I stirred and blended and whisked..so I used it anyway. I am afraid there will be Bisquick chunks in there

It smells and looks great though

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

No, didn't try the spoon trick...I might just wing it tomorrow. It looks too pretty to cram a spoon into

The recipe I used called for using Bisquick, and I noticed the little chunks of it just would not seperate no matter how much I stirred and blended and whisked..so I used it anyway. I am afraid there will be Bisquick chunks in there

It smells and looks great though
that probably won't happen - they most likely dissolved during the cooking.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well................its turned out to be good!

The whole thing was gone before I even got a piece...Josh scooped us a small one to share though, and it was delicious. Josh said he was expecting it not to be good since it was my first time but even he said it was good