Drinkwell owners

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm pretty sure I've bought all the fountains available to find one Arthur likes after my CatIt went kaput. I just plugged in the Drinkwell last night and it's so noisy! Obviously you'll hear the water splashing but the motor is SO loud. Is yours loud? It seems to be working fine aside from sounding like a boat engine in the corner of the room.

zoeysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It is definitely louder than the Petmate Freshflow I had before I got the Drinkwell. I find the motor sound is quite a bit quieter when I put it on a soft surface (ie. putting a fabric placemat under it). The splashing noise...it's still there, even on the lowest flow setting, but you get used to it eventually.

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've got the Platinum Drinkwell, and find it's very quiet. I do have mine on the lowest flow, though.

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by darlili

I've got the Platinum Drinkwell, and find it's very quiet. I do have mine on the lowest flow, though.
I don't hear mine at all over the sounds of the refrigerator and the turtles' tank. I got close to it, and it does make a slight sound, but it's quite soft.

minion

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I personally don't have one, but my friend does. I go to her house everyday after school and I seriously never notice much noise. I do hear a noise, but I actually kinda like it and find it a bit soothing almost.

Maybe it just doesn't bother me because I have a room with 3 fish tanks with filters that make a bunch of noise, so I've come prone to it lol..I don't know =P

keeba

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We have one and it's not noisey at all... like Going Nova said - my turtle tank is louder as well.

The only time I notice it making noise is when the drinkwell is low and needs to be filled up as the water in the back gets low pretty quickly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I must've got a dud. I've been unplugging mine at night, its SO loud! I can hear it at the bottom of the stairs and it's in my bedroom upstairs! Guess Ill be calling the company Monday..sigh. Thanks everyone : )

keeba

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Have you checked in the back to see if the water is really full in the clear container? If it's not then you need to fill it up some more - that could cause it to be loud.

piikki

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, I think you must have gotten a dud. I got one too and returned it. Second one is way quieter - only rumbles and vibrates when one jumps around it! It does give some motor whirring but it is pretty insignificant compared to the first one. I don't even use a mat under this second one all the time, and it is on wood floor in kitchen.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I just recently had to get a new one and mine was much louder than before.(kind of a grinding noise). I found their FAQ. Mine has now quieted down after a couple of cleanings. I also put Vaseline around the o-ring on the motor because I have problems getting it out so that may have helped the seal on it.