My new Himalayan cat

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What did the breeder call his markings? Looks like a seal lynx point with that dark nose and ears? What's his name? How old is he? Sooooo cuuuuute!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ricardo222222

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The breeder listed him as a Tortie point, though I really don't know much about the markings and such (first purebred cat I have). About the name, I got him less than a week ago, and we're still thinking what to call him, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! We were thinking something like Churchill, but I really am out of ideas
In the first pic I don't know his age, but in the others (just taken today) he's 3 1/2 months old.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ricardo222222

The breeder listed him as a Tortie point, though I really don't know much about the markings and such (first purebred cat I have). About the name, I got him less than a week ago, and we're still thinking what to call him, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! We were thinking something like Churchill, but I really am out of ideas
In the first pic I don't know his age, but in the others (just taken today) he's 3 1/2 months old.
Hmmmm.... aren't torties female? Or doesn't that hold true when its pointed cats?

ricardo222222

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

Hmmmm.... aren't torties female? Or doesn't that hold true when its pointed cats?
After looking for a while online it does look like a Lynx, though I found this site:
http://www.thecatscrib.com/HimalayanCat.htm
"Color-points should be restricted to the face mask, legs, tail, feet and genitals. To say that the color-points are varied is an understatement although most fall into a description of the Lynx color category. The lynx colors accepted include: seal, blue, red, cream, tortie, blue-cream, chocolate, lilac, chocolate-tortie and lilac-cream. Main grouping colors that are accepted include blue, chocolate, cream, red-tortie and seal-lilac."

Couldn't he be like a lynx-tortie or something like that? I really have no idea about this so any help would be appreciated so I can better understand this.

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh God, he makes me remember why I quit breeding them.....they're so cute that they're hard to let go of! Frankly though, I wouldn't call him a tortie.....when I was breeding, tortie was strictly limited to girls.......so many color points have been added since I retired though, that I wouldn't know what to call him.....except CUTE!!!!

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What an adorable little sweetie
What are you going to name him?

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is the kind of cat i've always wanted. but I'm sure they're expensive.

so cute it's not describable

ricardo222222

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the comments, about the name, I have no idea. I mean my family wants to name him Churchill but I don't know
any ideas, comments or suggestions about this greatly appreciated

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
fluffy would work

Do you mind me asking how much he cost?

ricardo222222

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fastnoc

fluffy would work

Do you mind me asking how much he cost?
He cost around 600 USD in mexican currency, originally was around 10500 but my uncle works with the breeder so I got a discount. But I've seen them cheaper (like 500 without any discount)