Why do I bother cleaning?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I spent a week cleaning the house from top to bottom for Thanksgiving. Why????? Why do I do this??
It currently looks like a hurricane swept through. My floor is sticky in one spot and slippery in a few other spots.
I caught Abby eating chips off the floor.

Anyone else have a big cleanup today?

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I feel your pain, sister!
I'm furiously trying get this filthy abode clean (and my BIL arrives tonight to stay over). I am getting over a stomach thing that started yesterday, and it's not easy! (This is why I am on here every few minutes--I feel so tired, I need to sit down, and take 5.)

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh yes, honey ... I had people tracking through myhouse ALL day yesterday even though I asked to be left alone. Thursday is shot day for me and I am always running a real high fever, I had nothing in the house in the way to offer any hospitality other than tap water and yet, the huddled masses all came through here with huge plates of food that I cannot eat, sweets and goodies and someone even brought me a pumpkin pie! Have you ever thrown up pumpkin pie? I never want to again. So I don't know what to do with all this stuff cuz I can eat it and it's just a'wasting in my fridge ... the kitchen floor looks like an army went across of it and there is cat hair and litter all over the living roon where someone (*ahem*George*ahem*) kicked it out of the box. I don't have the energy to run the vac and just feel like going right back to bed. Screw cleaning. It is just me here anyway so what's the big deal, I think to myself ... well, I wasn't raised like that so I clean. Even if I feel like death warmed over and yet, I clean anyway.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's exactly why I was happy to go over to someone else's house yesterday. If the cat hair doesn't get vacuumed up today, who cares?

Actually, I am making a big dinner today. I made all the casseroles early today and have the first load of dirty dishes in the dishwasher. By the time I serve dinner, it'll be a quick and easy clean up.

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol....have minor cleaning here......but the kitchen at the bakery is a disaster.....and I think we're going to wait until Tomorrow to take care of that!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
The house is ok. What wore me out was washing the china for the table (we hadn't used it for awhile so it was dusty) and then washing it again after wards. I was getting a little tired of the pattern.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

I´m so sorry my friend...
...But as well many of you said, "I know what you tell"...

Ready for the cleaning again?..
Wait. There is no Thanksgiving Day in Mexico. Don't go there, RigZ.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We already throughoughly cleaned the house - our guests are pretty tidy I guess because we used plastic everything.
except for the plates they are paper right?
I hear you though - our house was such a mess and I had to clean my room on my days off.
and don't get my started on how many dust bunnies we found and pet hair.
plus our 9 month old terrier mix puppy loves chewing up everything!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by butzie

Wait. There is no Thanksgiving Day in Mexico. Don't go there, RigZ.
in Mexico don´t celebrate that holiday for your My dear American friends,....BUT it happen the same when is 16 of september or another holiday in mexico, the house is complete clean and the next day happen what the thread mean!...
....all dirt!...

binkyhoo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I try not to look so closely. Ignore it and it will go away. Thats how I handle house work. My alternative is,"AAAAAAAHH! Run away!"