The breeder that ignored me has kittens on her site now!!!

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am very mad about how she acted.
I am glad Cleo is coming from Ed.
I just hate that teh other breeder kept in touch from March to aug then stopped talking to me.
She has two kittens on her site now.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

I am very mad about how she acted.
I am glad Cleo is coming from Ed.
I just hate that teh other breeder kept in touch from March to aug then stopped talking to me.
She has two kittens on her site now.
Consider it destiny - Cleo is your girl!!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you do, just bite your tongue. I know it will be tempting to chew her out, but let her see you have gotten a quality cat. Just be as sugar polite as you can and if she says anything to you, tell her the truth.

"you didn't contact me back, so I got a kitten from another breeder" - that's all you need to say. She may be the one to avoid you at shows out of guilt!

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

If you do, just bite your tongue. I know it will be tempting to chew her out, but let her see you have gotten a quality cat. Just be as sugar polite as you can and if she says anything to you, tell her the truth.

"you didn't contact me back, so I got a kitten from another breeder" - that's all you need to say. She may be the one to avoid you at shows out of guilt!
Yup, I have to agree with this. Just let it go. There's more than enough catty behavior at the shows as it is. You don't want to get yourself involved in all that.

If you got a better quality cat, that will be revenge enough right there.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Besides, you are the newbie in showing and you have to tread carefully for awhile! You don't want a bad reputation from the start.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do not worry I will not say anything to her.
I do not know much about showing a pure bred.
I used to go with my friend when she showed Fluffy a mixed cat.
How old should kittens be when you start showing?

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here it's 3 months but I think for you it's 4 months.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, the other thing is depends on when your season runs. Ours is Feb-Nov so we are done for this year, but I'm sure yours would be different.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For USA shows, kittens have to be 4 months old or older on the day of the show. They go to the adult classes at 8 months old on the day of the show.

Show season for all associations (CFA, ACFA, TICA) run from May 1 to April 30th.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can the breeder help you with showing? Even though mines in a different state, she still helped a bit (things vary state to state). And most people at the shows are willing to help the newbies out.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know there are several of us that are quite experienced in showing cats to help you out with any questions regarding showing. We'll be glad to help you out "long distance"