The Fountain

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Earlier this year I bought a water fountain for Chynna for her birthday.

My usually brave and fearless girl took one look at it, her hair stood on end and she slinked backwards and took off running.

Abby on the other hand will go and drink and drink just so she can here the bubble noise from the reservoir as it refills the bowl.

I've tried to get Chynna to use it too instead of the glass bowl that is sitting beside my desk that I'm forever kicking over, but she seemed spooked by it each time. So I gave up.

I just heard loud lapping noises coming from the fountain's direction. Abby is a very quiet drinker, so I looked over and saw Chynna!

I'm so proud of my girl.

nettkatt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yay for Chynna! I recently got a Catit fountain and Belle acted scared of it at first. But by the next day I saw her licking and drinking from it.

They do keep us on our toes!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Earlier this year I bought a water fountain for Chynna for her birthday.

My usually brave and fearless girl took one look at it, her hair stood on end and she slinked backwards and took off running.

Abby on the other hand will go and drink and drink just so she can here the bubble noise from the reservoir as it refills the bowl.

I've tried to get Chynna to use it too instead of the glass bowl that is sitting beside my desk that I'm forever kicking over, but she seemed spooked by it each time. So I gave up.

I just heard loud lapping noises coming from the fountain's direction. Abby is a very quiet drinker, so I looked over and saw Chynna!

I'm so proud of my girl.
Congratulations to the fountain drinking cat! Bravo!

nance

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Here's a question about the fountains.....Does it make them drink more water ? I have a cat prone to FUS....and have thought about getting one....If it would get him to drink more I'll go buy him one tomorrow

Nancy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nance

Here's a question about the fountains.....Does it make them drink more water ? I have a cat prone to FUS....and have thought about getting one....If it would get him to drink more I'll go buy him one tomorrow

Nancy
It probably would because the water is being filtered and flows so it stays fresher.

I have the Pet Mate, like the one found here:

http://www.ferretdepot.com/Merchant2...uct_Code=45249

Some people in the care and grooming forum here have said that they find this particular fountain to be difficult to clean. I don't understand that because from the time I unplug it to the time I plug it back in after cleaning, it's honestly less than 5 minutes, and that includes washing it with soap and water, rinsing and refilling.

I'm so glad that I invested in one.

I just saw Chynna at it twice since I got home from work about 90 minutes ago. I've removed the bowl from beside my desk and only have the fountain for them to drink from now!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I actually just ordered the same one from Amazon.com today - it is 30% off, and I think my kitty will love it, since she pretty much only drinks fresh water... I heard the filters are a waste of $$ though... not sure - below is the link:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

I actually just ordered the same one from Amazon.com today - it is 30% off, and I think my kitty will love it, since she pretty much only drinks fresh water... I heard the filters are a waste of $$ though... not sure - below is the link:

I think the filters are worth it. I just changed the filter in mine last week. It was yellow/brown.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't use filters as I put filtered water into the fountain.

piikki

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Congrats to your shy one! My wimpy one is slowly getting on with our fountain too and I am so happy. Two out of three were right on the case when it came to drinking from it but he is taking the more cautious route. Better late thasn never - and he does not like us looking when he is doing it!

Originally Posted by Nance

Nancy
In our case - definitely! One of our cats is a big drinker anyway, and I do not think it has affected his habits much but if you have a cat who might not be a big drinker it's worth a try. My little dry skinny kitty has been drinking tons of more. He is way more hyper and playful since the fountain came into house and I am so glad I splurged on it.

All my cats are boys and it can't be but more healthy for them to drink more - also from the point of view of their urinary tracts. They are all extremely curious about the fountain - also the one who is a bit more nervous drinking from it. (They will all always come to have a group meeting when I clean it and all...) I did not believe in this fountain biz but I am sold now.

I have also wondered about the filter biz - do I have to get them when I use filtered water? Or change them as often?

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by piikki

I have also wondered about the filter biz - do I have to get them when I use filtered water? Or change them as often?
The Petmate I got (Deluxe) comes with 2 free filters, and it says they are enough for 180 days... I think the filter helps with the hair, saliva, dander, and the other pollutants that go into the water after the cat started drinking from it... There are people who use it, and people who don't... I will for sure use for the first 6 months, since it came with it!