Daily Thread Thurs Nov 27th!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
EXACTLY 7 MONTHS UNTIL OUR WEDDING!!!

Its coming up quick and the weeks are flying by! Lots to plan! I think I might be meeting with a florist this weekend...and I am trying to figure out when to order the bridesmaid dresses.

Mild today and we are not expecting a dumping of snow thankfully.

Heading out to work then tonight my friend from up north is visiting
She just had a baby and I am going to get to meet him finally!

Anyhoo, have a good day folks!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
The turkey is in the oven.

A bit more preparing to do and then I will have a houseful.

Have a great day everyone!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dottie just left for the airport to go up to New England to visit her family. I couldn't get any time off now, so she had to go alone.

I've sent the DVR to record the parades for her.

I have several invites for dinner, but I need to work on my guitar instruction project and then get to bed early, because I have a 4:30 a.m. report time tomorrow for a trip to Lafayette, LA.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Dottie just left for the airport to go up to New England to visit her family. I couldn't get any time off now, so she had to go alone.
What part of New England is she headed to? She'll be a little chillly. It's 35 degrees right now in Southeastern Massachusetts.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She's flying to Manchester, NH. Her sister lives in Concord, and her mother lives in Pepperell, MA, just south of Nashua.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing going on here. BF has to work so we couldn't go see any family and its stupid to cook for just the two of us so no thanksgiving for me. Nice to have a couple days off work though. Riley wouldn't let me sleep in though
He kept pulling my hair and rattling his paw in the change jar. Brat.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

She's flying to Manchester, NH. Her sister lives in Concord, and her mother lives in Pepperell, MA, just south of Nashua.
She'll be heading right to my area - I'm just north of Concord

Anyhoo, we're heading to Haverhill MA today to my fiance's uncles house. We went there last year for Thanksgiving dinner, and we're doing it again. We'll see my fiance's parents and also his sister and nieces and nephew who just moved up from NC to CT. It's great! We'll get to see the kids so much more, especially now that they're growing up so fast.

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The roast pork is in the oven my sisters doing the turkey we need both as theres going to be 18 of us at her house. Pies are all made and now out to fill up the wood box as its very chilly here in Me. today.. The cats just love the wood stove time of year..

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning All!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you south of the border. Hope you all have a wonderful day, and eat lots of turkey.

Cloudy here and looks like we may get more snow before the day is finished. Not to cold though so I may get out for a bit of a walk after lunch.

Kind of tired today, I seem to have developed a case of insomnia over the last few nights so it's starting to catch up with me a bit.

Nothing to strenuous planned for today though, just puttering at the computer and maybe reading a bit.

The kitties are good, they all decided to head back to bed for a nap, smart kitties..

Everyone have a super day

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

EXACTLY 7 MONTHS UNTIL OUR WEDDING!!!

Its coming up quick and the weeks are flying by! Lots to plan! I think I might be meeting with a florist this weekend...and I am trying to figure out when to order the bridesmaid dresses.

Mild today and we are not expecting a dumping of snow thankfully.

Heading out to work then tonight my friend from up north is visiting
She just had a baby and I am going to get to meet him finally!

Anyhoo, have a good day folks!
OMG! Just seven months away!

Just relaxing until the big dinner at the MIL's house.
We picked out a paint color last night, pale yellow. The bedding is so adorable. The cats especially loved the box in came in.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving/Thursday everyone!
Be careful if you are shopping early Black Friday.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

Morning All!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you south of the border. Hope you all have a wonderful day, and eat lots of turkey.
Just curious. I know you guys have a Thanksgiving day about a month ago. What are the traditions involved in that holiday?

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Thanksgiving ALL!!!!

Today started out normally with cats crawling all over me wanting food at 9. They actually let me sleep in!!! SO they got a spoonfull of tuna each for the holiday and Isis got the juice from it.
Then when I gave them their regular food, boy did they scatter. Apparently today it wasn't good enough after tuna yummys!!!

So anyway now I'm cruising thru the Black Friday deals and soon I'll be getting ready to go to in-laws for lots of yummy food and I can actually eat!!!!
My dentist (bless him) got me in yesterday and looked at my ouchies in my mouth then gave me a steriod paste prescription to put it on the ouchies(mouth ulcers). So I did that last night before bed, and today my teeth feel about 65% better then they did yesterday!!!(or the last week!)
So I'm very Thankful for that!!!
Anyway Happy Thanksgiving to all and have a safe and wonderful day today!!!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Just curious. I know you guys have a Thanksgiving day about a month ago. What are the traditions involved in that holiday?
I would say our traditions are pretty much the same, it's a time to get together with family and friends, have lots of good food, and remember that no matter what issue's we may have we have a lot to be thankful for....

However we do generally celebrate it on a Sunday, Monday the stat holiday, and we don't have anything like Black Friday...

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Trying to make room for more turkey...having it for dinner

We all just laid around the house today after lunch and took our naps. UT and the Aggies are coming on soon-gotta love the football!

I planned my shopping for Black Friday-waking up at 3:15am to do it!! Lots of sells I don't want to miss!

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

The traditions are the same family, turkey. I believe Our Thanksgiving was originally to celebrate, being Thankful for the good harvest.