Very Worried

shorty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry!!! I posted This in the WRONG sention!!! My cat isn't pregnant

I have a 14 year old Siamese at home. I came home for Thanksgiving break and normally she is upset at me for a little bit, but cuddles with me at night. But this time, she hasn't been prowling the house in two days.

I was brushing her today and she turned, hissed and bit me. I thought she was just mad. But tonight, I noticed she wont sit down, she'll hover like her bottom hurts. Then my mom started petting her and as she felt around her back end she started meowing and trying to bite like she was in pain. I should mention that she is strictly an indoor cat and we have no other cats in this house.

Advice? I'm really upset, I've had this cat since first grade.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shorty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay, not any one of those. I just saw her grooming herself and she has two sore looking things next to her bottom. One is small, the other is biiig. It almost looks bruised underneath. She wont stop licking herself and she's hissing at me, I'm really really worried right now.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by shorty

Okay, not any one of those. I just saw her grooming herself and she has two sore looking things next to her bottom. One is small, the other is biiig. It almost looks bruised underneath. She wont stop licking herself and she's hissing at me, I'm really really worried right now.
well, that DEFINITELY sounds like a vet is needed!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My first bet would be impacted anal glands. This is very painful and will cause the cat to behave like you're describing. The vet needs to see her asap. There is, unfortunately, not much you can do about it yourself.

the_food_lady

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I agree with the others, this sounds like impacted anal glands.........and this can be very painful. If not dealt with by a Vet promptly, the an abscess can develop which then gets more complicated; I had a stray I rescued years ago, she had this...by the time I noticed what was going on and took her to the vet, she had developed an abscess of one side of the glands (it's around the poop hole, for lack of a better description)....and they had to do surgery to drain it.

Please, get kitty into a Vet today...........if it's Thanksgiving where you are and your regular Vet is closed, find an Emergency Vet Clinic that's open, this just cannot wait, seriously. You could start off by phoning your own Vet clinic.......if they're closed, listen to their answering machine, it might give directions on who to contact in the event of an emergency.

Please - get your kitty to the Vet as soon as you can today, it's so important. She's obviously in a LOT of discomfort and this needs to be treated.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shorty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update:

So took Molly into the emergency vet this morning. It turns out it was something wrong with her anal glad, and it burst on the way over to the vet. The vet said it was very common to have this happen and that we could treat it today at the emergency vet of at our regular vet tomorrow. We opted to wait since he said it was not life threatening.

They gave us some antibiotics and something for the pain and have an appointment to have the procedure to clean out the glad tomorrow.

We have to lock her in the bathroom now though because she's dripping everywhere : (