Grrr. Had to get ANOTHER Cell phone!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, my dumb self broke my really nice cell phone last week and today, even though I really DIDN'T have the money to spend, I had to buy another phone

I had a really nice Samsung with a keyboard because I text SO much that I barely needed to call anyone except for jobs.

Now I have a new phone w/o a keyboard and w/o a camera
but it has an MP3 player on it

Now I just need an SD card

This is a nice phone but it's basic. I REALLY wanted the one I had again but I just didn't have the money for it
Not with Christmas coming up.

AFTER I bought the phone, my mom then told me she would have loaned me the extra $10 for the phone I wanted

But hey, at least I got a phone

Here's the phone I got: http://www.metropcs.com/shop/phonelist.aspx
It's the $99.00 black one

What kind of a cell phone do you have?

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a Nokia but I need a new one. It won't hold a charge and I can't use it unless it's plugged, which is fine with me, I hate phones anyway.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Essayons89

I have a Nokia but I need a new one. It won't hold a charge and I can't use it unless it's plugged, which is fine with me, I hate phones anyway.
I wouldn't worry so much about it if it wasn't for me looking for a job and the school needs a way to get in touch with me if something happens to the kids

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm with you...I hate phones...hate talking on them. I just have an LG flip-phone w/camera and some other goodies. My last cell phone was super tiny Nokia...could stick it in my pants pocket and hardly knew it was there. I loved it...till my DH dropped it in the dishwater!
I am not a texter so don't need a keyboard. My LG needs to be charged way more often than the Nokia....I miss my Nokia!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by spudsmom

I'm with you...I hate phones...hate talking on them. I just have an LG flip-phone w/camera and some other goodies. My last cell phone was super tiny Nokia...could stick it in my pants pocket and hardly knew it was there. I loved it...till my DH dropped it in the dishwater!
I am not a texter so don't need a keyboard. My LG needs to be charged way more often than the Nokia....I miss my Nokia!
I am the texting QUEEN!!!!!!!

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That makes my daughter the texting Princess! She texts me and then I call her to discuss her text!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

i also have a Nokia, similar to this one. but i need either a new phone or a new battery [which are similarly priced
] because i'm running out of charge sooner than i would like...

Alycia - your link doesn't work for me...

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alycia, I feel your pain. My GPS screen just broke..and I got the thing 3 months ago. The company doens't do anything for a broken screen because it is "customer induced"..so I had to buy another one at $150...even though the one I had was brand new

Eff, I was so mad.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a "decent" cell phone, but I don't text. We're about due to re-up, so I'll get a new one then. I send my old one to my brother, who is the "tag along" on our family plan.

You can get a new battery for most cell phones on e-bay for about $10.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have an old Nokia that I cannot even get a case, battery or parts for any longer. It still works fine. I used to text but when Canadian companies started charging for text messages I cancelled that option.

You folks would laugh if you saw my old phone.

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a crackberry, I mean a Blackberry Curve
and a Samsung flip (no keyboard, just a camera). The bad thing is I use both for work, even though the blackberry is my personal phone. I love my new phone. I just need to learn all the features, which usually happens when it is time to upgrade.

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a LG VX8600... it's like a sleek flip version of Chocolate. No keyboard, I don't text. It does have a very nice camera and plays mp3s

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I text too much to not have a keyboard, but I also email from my phone so the extra few $$ for the actual phone was worth it to me.

Alycia, I got it when it was on sale for $129 Canadian without renewing my contract and included the memory card and accessories