Awesome cookie recipe

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just made these cookies tonight and they are absolutely awesome! If you have a great recipe. please share!

Amy’s Chocoholic Chocolate Chunk Cookies

Cream together:\t

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar

Add:\t\t

2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix together:

2 cups flour
2-1/2 cups oatmeal (put small amounts in blender (after measuring) until it turns to powder)
½ tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda

Mix together all ingredients and add:

12 oz bag chocolate chunks
6 oz bag chocolate chips
1 Hershey Big Block bar, grated
1-1/2 cup nuts (I prefer pecans)

Make golf ball size cookies, 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes. Makes about 50.

By the way, when mixing the ingredients, use a STRONG spoon. Or at least one that you don’t much care for. We have broken several good spoons on this recipe. Nowadays, we just dive in fingers first and mix it with our hands.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
this is my brownie recipe. i've altered it twice in the past to adjust to SS recipient preferences - but i prefer my original recipe!
1 box Duncan Hines Chewy Brownie mix
1/2 cup cocoa
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips

mix according to package directions using the chewy recipe... i use salted butter instead of oil. if necessary, add an egg [if batter is too stiff]. bake according to package directions, too. i use a 13"X9" pan [i use those new, disposable plastic Glad pans].

last year, my SS recipient said she didn't care for dark chocolate
& liked raspberry flavored stuff... so i didn't add the cocoa, i used milk chocolate chips, white chocolate chunks, & added a jar of low-sugar raspberry preserves. she raved about them [i thought they were ok...]
i like making bar cookies - easier!

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both those sound awesome! Except for the raspberries. I do not care for fruit filled cookies. I love chocolate chip cookies with walnuts in them. Yummy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here's another for those that do like fruity bar cookies:

Old World Raspberry Bars

2-1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup sweet butter, softened
1 egg
1 10-oz jar raspberry preserves

Grease an 8-inch square baking dish. In 3 quart mixer bowl combine all ingredients except raspberry preserves. Beat at low speed, scraping sides of bowl often, until mixture is crumbly (2 to 3 minutes). Set aside 1-1/2 cups crumb mixture. Press remaining crumb mixture into greased baking dish. Spread preserves to within 1-2 inch of edges of unbaked crumb mixture. Crumble remaining crumb mixture over preserves. Bake near center of pre-heated 350 degree oven for 42 to 50 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely; cut into bars. Makes about 2 dozen.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catkiki

Both those sound awesome! Except for the raspberries. I do not care for fruit filled cookies. I love chocolate chip cookies with walnuts in them. Yummy
they weren't filled - i mixed the preserves/jam in w/the batter, so that the raspberry flavor permeated the brownies...

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

they weren't filled - i mixed the preserves/jam in w/the batter, so that the raspberry flavor permeated the brownies...
That would be too much raspberry for me... I love a traditional brownie or one that has lots of chocolate chips, peanutbutter chips and walnuts

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catkiki

That would be too much raspberry for me... I love a traditional brownie or one that has lots of chocolate chips, peanutbutter chips and walnuts
well, like i said - i thought they were just ok. but she raved about them!
i usually make my brownies w/o nuts because, years ago, when i developed the recipe, my younger brothers didn't like nuts...