My blanket - pic heavy

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I told hubby that it would only take a couple of weeks. Well - it did, just a couple of weeks spread out over most of the year. I wanted to preserve my favorite t-shirts that were no longer wearable. My hubby added some of his to the mix and I had a project. The trouble is that I had not really sewn since jr high - and never anything this big. Marcie helped with the whole thing.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Love it! Are you going to leave it "as is" or do some quilting or tying as well?
This is a great project for all those t'shirts all of us seem to accumulate. (I think the reproduce when no one's looking)

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That is so completely AWESOME!!! Can I borrow your idea? Im thinking of throw pillows myself (I dont think I have enough cool t-shirts I would put on a blanket!).
Great job!

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I love that blanket!!
I've wanted to do that with old jeans, but don't have the sense to do it!!
That Marcie is quite the helper!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by libby74

Love it! Are you going to leave it "as is" or do some quilting or tying as well?
This is a great project for all those t'shirts all of us seem to accumulate. (I think the reproduce when no one's looking)
It is more of an applique sort of blanket. It is finished and reversible with a back side that is a nice blue and white patterend fabric. It also has a layer of batting on the inside.

I saved the little designs that are on the sleeves and I am planning on making pillows in the future.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That looks awesome! Great job for not having sewn since Jr. High. I'm so with you on the "few weeks" thing too. I started a baby blanket for my friend's son... he's 18 months old now! Mind you I started it while she was still pregnant too. Oops, looks like I might be able to finish it for myself now.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

That turned out awesome! Marcie looked like she was of great help too in holding the fabric so it didn't move
i can see Marcie was a fabulous helper!

i need to make one of those - i have LOADS of tees that are waaaaaay too big for me from shows i did back when i was still MO... i wear them to do housework, mow the lawn, paint scenery, dye hair, etc. but this would be a great way to use them!

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks fantastic, I love it!

Are you sure you made it? Marcie looks like she`s showing off her handy work

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Look at you! She can weld a steel beam, she can sew a straight seam... what a woman!
This is such a great project... you've inspired me, too.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That turned out great! You should be really proud of yourself!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG that is fantastic!!! I should do that out of a few old Tshirts of my brothers...make them into pillows for him!