well here's the real story

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So i know I mentioned I had to get rid of the foster kittens. But there's more to that story.

There's actually more to all of it. Today is the day I guess I come clean.

Recently I found out I have huntington's disease. It has started affecting my memory already. That's great.

Well, a month ago when I had to get rid of the cats, it was because i had a financial downfall and lost all of my money in two days. a LOT of money. All my savings, cash in the bank etc. gone. So i knew I was going to get evicted so i had to scramble and give the cats to a good home so they didn't suffer with my own misery.

A month later, the money I was counting on to come through didn't. Friday I learned it wasn't coming. I tried to sell my 2500 LCD TV to cover rent and couldn't sell it. I have to be out of here by Saturday.

I was laid off from work in April. But i had saved money to carry me through the rough times. well i was OK until this problem (IRS) hit me and took everything. I made some mistakes about 10 years ago with the IRS and they finally just caught up to me. I had been making monthly payments to them to get caught up, but when the money started running out that stopped. Well they levied me. Everything I had is gone.

I managed to keep my utilities up to date, except electric. it got behind. I was going to be able to catch up on Tuesday to keep that straight. well that apparently wasn't good enough. They cut my power last night at 5pm. I can't afford to get it turned back on.

Right now I'm able to use my PC because I strung an extension cord to my neighbor's window so I can try to raise the money and at least sell my tv. I have no car anymore, i had to surrender it when i couldn't pay (A 2007 mustang GT) and nowhere to go. If I can't sell this thig i'll have to walk away from it. that just sounds insane.

I have income now but it's slow to get going. I'll catch up in a few months, but in the meantime, me, a 42 year old man, has to go back to my stinkin mother's house because I'm a loser.

This of course means I have to give away the two things I love most in the world. Tinker and wilbur. I put an email in today to get them picked up. I'm just distraught. I love my babies and i'm not sure how i'll handle them going away. I'ms o worried they won't be ok because i'm the only person they've ever known and this condo is the only home they've ever known.

So that's my story. Not sure why I wanted to post this here. I just feel like I've been lying by not saying it.

So if you ever want to understand intense pressure, ask me about it. I'm in it right now.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my god... I'm so so so sorry to hear all this has been happening to you! Gosh I wish there was something I could do for you. If I were there, I'd definitely offer to foster your babies till you're back on your feet and ready to take them home with you again.

I know there's a lot on your mind right now. What a horrible thing to happen to anybody, having all this take place seemingly all at once.

You sound like a strong person. At least you've already taken the necessary steps to get your finances and life back on track. The road ahead is probably not going to be easy for you, but if you have the will, there will always be a way. Don't give up!

Is there any way you can plan for Tinker and Wilbur to come home to you in a few months time when you have some finances? Won't your parents keep them for you for the time being? I can't imagine how it must hurt you to give them up like that...
I really hope things look up for you soon!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Oh, man! You are in major need of a
!
Yup I sure could use one.

You know, it's my fault. 100%. But in 15 years of my career line I've never gone longer than 2 months without work unless I wanted to. I just didn't expect the economy to take such a drastic turn.

Originally Posted by BabyWukong

Oh my god... I'm so so so sorry to hear all this has been happening to you! Gosh I wish there was something I could do for you. If I were there, I'd definitely offer to foster your babies till you're back on your feet and ready to take them home with you again.

I know there's a lot on your mind right now. What a horrible thing to happen to anybody, having all this take place seemingly all at once.

You sound like a strong person. At least you've already taken the necessary steps to get your finances and life back on track. The road ahead is probably not going to be easy for you, but if you have the will, there will always be a way. Don't give up!

Is there any way you can plan for Tinker and Wilbur to come home to you in a few months time when you have some finances? Won't your parents keep them for you for the time being? I can't imagine how it must hurt you to give them up like that...
I really hope things look up for you soon!
Well, my mother is 1400 miles away in Arkansas which is where I have to figure out how to get to. With no money i don't have any idea how i'll get my computer there. If I lose that i lose my income. I do remote work online.

I can't do much for the cats. Once i leave I won't be able to return for at least a few months. I certainly can't afford to fly my kitties to arkansas. heck, I'm not even sure how I'm suppose to come up with the money to fly myself. if someone doesn't buy this tv in the next two days I'm sunk. and tomorrow is thanksgiving. That should be fun. no shower, no toaster or oven, fridge warm and no A/C in phoenix lol.

I could so easily lose my mind and go crazy right now. but I'll get through it. I think the two things that are hurting the most are the cats. i tear up just thinking about losing them. But the huntington's disease is bad too. I have lost a lot of short term memory. i keep finding myself doing things twice. There's also no real cure, and in the end it will kill me.

I get by right now by writing down the things i do all day. So when I forget i can read the paper and remember, or at least know I've done them

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, JT. That is horrible! Illness, finances, home, transpo... in one fell swoop!
a big cyber

As Baby Wukong said, is there no way to take the kitties to your mom's? Is she allergic?

I'm wondering if anyone here on TCS in the Phoenix area could keep them temporarily while you get back on your feet.

Shoot! I wish I lived nearby. I would take them into foster for you since I know it would be temporary.

Don't say that you're a loser. Things are really bad all over and many people - good, smart people - are hanging on by a thread - and a frayed thread at that! I mean, look at what happened with the stock market!!

At least you have a place to go, where people love and care about you and that you're not homeless, per ce.

I was in a similar position 20 years ago - much younger than you - but in desperate straits and had to move in with mom and dad after I had been out of the house for many years and living and working on my own. Boy, that was tough - on all of us. But we made it.

And frankly, it's fine to vent here. This is a safe and caring place to unload. No one is going to judge you because of what happened.

Keep posting; keep your spirits up. And if you want to talk, I am just a PM away.

Regards,
Adrien

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You are not a loser. You are someone who has had everything go wrong including your health and it isn't your fault. It certainly isn't your fault that you got sick. I know it isn't something for the short term but I would think that you would qualify for disability. That isn't welfare it is something that you qualify for because you have paid taxes into the system for it.

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, honestly I do know i'm not a loser. It just really feels like it at the moment.

I'm not weak, and I have a pretty strong resolve. I'll manage to get through it. but at 42 it seems like my chances for a rebound get less and less. Know what i mean?

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
JT, i don't know what to say and that's a first?!

Is it the shelter who you've e-mailed for Wilbur and Tinker?. Can they not keep them temporarily seeing as you've helped them out?.

Have you no friends to help you out instead of travelling all that way to your mums?

My office managers father has Huntingtons, and he's not too bad now that he's on his meds.

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have family here. My friends are in California and Tenn. I have only lived here in Phx again since last nov. And i pretty well keep to myself so i don't have any friends locally.

The email I sent was to the rescue group I fostered for. So it's not a shelter. I could never send my cats to a shelter. There is a lady who's willing to take the kitties for now. but i have no real time frame of when I could ever get them back, so i'm pretty sure this is permanent.

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh man, I thought it was something bad but I didn't think it would be as bad as this.
I have followed all the threads about your foster kitty and her kittens and you seem like such a nice person. I hate to hear what is happening to you, and wish that I could help.
I don't know much about Huntington's, but that combined with the funding is just... I couldn't bear it, I don't think. If someone came and took all my savings and all my other money and my car and then cut off my power... Well, I guess I would go live with my mom, too, except that my mom is only two hours away and would come to get me and let me bring the kitties.

I have no idea how you will get yourself, your computer, and your babies to your family in Arkansas, but there has to be a way. I wish I knew it.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It would be so cool and perfect if a bunch of TCSers lived in Phoenix and knew some truckers who could drive you, your stuff and your kitties all the way to Arkansas! Gee... I wish these things don't just happen in movies.

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
l;ol you and me both!

Man, just thinking of what i have to leave is bad.

leather couch, king bed (both bought new in nov 07) 200.00 chef's knife set, brand new anodized pots and pans set (500) vacuum (300) color laser printer, VERY nice heavy desk and credenza. oh the list goes on. lol

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish. That's part of the problem. She had brain cancer a couple years ago, and no insurance. I used a huge chunk of my retirement to pay for it all. over $200,000. She's living on fixed income and is in no place to assist with money. it will actually help her with me going back there because I can cover the bills

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First, some hugs for you.

I don't know how else to offer my support; I can only tell you the things I would be considering if I were in your place.

I would look for a room to rent, or an apartment to share, even with a college student. There are many people who would love to have use of your TV and sofa, etc. and that would be incentive to take you on as a roommate. You might even ask about trading the TV for the first month's rent, or the sofa for the second month, until you get some money coming in.

I would also go get a job anywhere, even McDonald's, or any place that offers health coverage. Colleges and universities hire for varied jobs and have good benefits. Working for temp agencies is also a good idea and will get you working right away, and if the company likes you, it can turn into a permanent job.

Personally, I could never move back with my parents but it's good that you have that option.

I know it doesn't seem like it now, but you know the saying that when a door closes another opens? I'm not saying this is the preferred way, but your life has changed and you are going to be rebuilding it... you will be able to take it any direction you want...

Please update us when you can. I will be thinking about you!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
WOW. Talk about "it never rains"! I don't have any brilliant advice, but I sure do have lots of
and prayers that things improve and you find solutions you can live with -- very soon.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh heavens! My heart leaped to my throat and back down when I read this. I find it appalling that the IRS would just destroy someone's life like that. You'd think they would try to work with you instead of against you. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers that someone in your area will have a truck that can take you and your kitties to your mom's place. It sounds as though she needs you too.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm really sorry you're going through all this. I'm glad the kitties will be taken care of, and that you have somewhere to go. Don't think of it as "having to move back in with your mum", think of it as helping each other out. It sounds like she will appreciate having you there anyway.

Take care, and I hope you can sell your things and get yourself to Arkansas soon.

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Wow...just wow. I figured it was something pretty bad from your other posts, but my heart just dropped reading this. I don't have any great advice, but a big
and prayers that some good solutions come up soon.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That`s terrible! I feel so bad for you, it`s bad enough losing everything without having to give your babies away too

I wish there was something I could do to help