TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › There's a mouse in the house!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

There's a mouse in the house!

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 
I saw him. Zane will get him, though.
post #2 of 19
I don't think Angel does mice. She'll wreck the whole place chasing a fly, though
post #3 of 19
And then when Zane gets him, does he put the mouse somewhere fun for you to find?
post #4 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zane's Pal View Post
Zane will get him
For sure.
post #5 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cococat View Post
And then when Zane gets him, does he put the mouse somewhere fun for you to find?
Sometimes. Or sometimes he just eats it.
post #6 of 19
A few years ago a neighbor's pet gerbil got in my house and only one my three cats showed any interest in it; had Lucy not been staring under the sofa, I probably wouldn't have known it was there! The gerbil was safely returned home.
post #7 of 19
Freya never really hunts mice. She would come and get us when she heard the trap go off, but never got them herself. Cotton, on the other hand, eliminated all mice from our basement with the first month we had him. he brought us a number of gnawed-on, headless 'presents'.
post #8 of 19
Butzie loves to catch mice from outside. She brings them in alive, makes sure that I see her with her present to me and waits for me to tell her that she is a good girl and a good mouser.

She then plays with them for hours, even a whole day, until they die. Eat them? Not on your life. We end up disposing of the dead mouse.
post #9 of 19
My cats have caught 2 mice in the house this year so far.
post #10 of 19
We had a bat in the house once and Trout would just poke it with her paw
post #11 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouts mom View Post
We had a bat in the house once and Trout would just poke it with her paw
I can understand how a cat could be confused by a bat.

killing mice=good
killing birds=bad

killing bats=?????

I should mention that in China bats are considered good luck, while in the West they are considered bad. Why?

Western philosophy likes to categorize things into little boxes. Anything that won't fit into our schemata we try to ignore, or if we can't ignore them they disturb us.

Bats are mammals, but they have wings. They are active by night and sleep by day. They hang upside down. They see with their ears. The more one learns about bats the more they contradict our ideas of how things should be.

Daoism and Buddhism, on the other hand, emphasize the unity of the world; all apparent contradictions are really polarities of a larger whole. Hence, the very things about bats that disturb Westerners are for the Chinese confirmation of their world view.
post #12 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zane's Pal View Post
I can understand how a cat could be confused by a bat.

killing mice=good
killing birds=bad

killing bats=?????

I should mention that in China bats are considered good luck, while in the West they are considered bad. Why?

Western philosophy likes to categorize things into little boxes. Anything that won't fit into our schemata we try to ignore, or if we can't ignore them they disturb us.

Bats are mammals, but they have wings. They are active by night and sleep by day. They hang upside down. They see with their ears. The more one learns about bats the more they contradict our ideas of how things should be.

Daoism and Buddhism, on the other hand, emphasize the unity of the world; all apparent contradictions are really polarities of a larger whole. Hence, the very things about bats that disturb Westerners are for the Chinese confirmation of their world view.
I won't argue with ya on that. Personally, I think bats are cool. There is a bat education program at one of our local science museums and I got to touch some hand-reared bats. Their fur is really soft, like bunny fur and the wings are leathery. AND...AND .... they consume tons of mosquitos!!
post #13 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddieBee View Post
I won't argue with ya on that. Personally, I think bats are cool. There is a bat education program at one of our local science museums and I got to touch some hand-reared bats. Their fur is really soft, like bunny fur and the wings are leathery. AND...AND .... they consume tons of mosquitos!!
But they carry rabies, don't they?
post #14 of 19
Thread Starter 
I saw the mouse again tonight. Zane must be slipping.

GET THAT MOUSE, ZANE!!!
post #15 of 19
I used to have pet mice. It kept Blossom busy watching them. She use to paw at them & they would just stand on their little back legs & toment her. I sure do miss them.
But if I see a wild mouse................................
post #16 of 19
Thread Starter 
I think Zane made a try for the invader, but I don't think he got it. At least, if he did he ate in quietly and didn't bring me a trophy.
post #17 of 19
Gus was a HUGE mouser. Boy I miss him. He frequently left mouse heads as presents outside our bedroom door for me to step on in my 5am sleepy walks to the bathroom. I swear his whole purpose in life was to hunt mice. At our last house (we moved almost 3 years ago) we lived next to an empty lot and behind a park, so we had mice all the time. He would freak out, play with them, flip them up into the air, chase them, etc, until they died, and them try to do it more until he realized they were dead, then either eat or leave them for dead. *sigh*
post #18 of 19
Snow is very good at catching mice. Not too good with where she leaves them though. I have found dead mice along the foot of mine and DH's bed. ICK! There have also been times where I go to step in the shower and would notice a dead mouse in there. So far I have been lucky enough to not see any headless mice. I have seen quite a few without tails though. And then later on find the tails around the house or Snow batting them around.
post #19 of 19
Thread Starter 
I haven't seen the mouse for a while; Zane either got him and disposed of him quietly or he's being more discreet.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › There's a mouse in the house!