My cats have installed video cameras in my bathrooms!!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know this sounds crazy but this is the conclusion that I have come to. Here is my reasoning: I live in a townhome with three floors, four bathrooms, and two cats. With just a little mathematical ability you should be able to see that there must be at all times one floor without a cat on it. You should also be able to see that there must also be two bathrooms at any given time that there is not a cat in it.

Despite the above facts, no matter which bathroom I go to and use, there will soon be a cat in the bathroom with me. Sometimes it is Persi. Sometimes it is Alley. And sometimes both of them.

At the time my wife and cats moved into this house, it was still unfinished and I was in the hospital. Two weeks later when I got out of the hospital, the house was finished. It is my theory that the cats contracted to have the video cameras installed in the air vents so they cannot be seen. This means that they have monitors in a place that I have yet to find.

How else could you explain the cats always following me into the bathroom? The question is WHY?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

How else could you explain the cats always following me into the bathroom? The question is WHY?
well, if mine installed one here, it was during the night - Pixel is the only one here that was here when i moved in, but i guess she &
Mouse could've done it...
but Pixel's not even my most frequent potty pal - Chip & Firefox [last 2 adoptees] are my bathroom buddies, w/occasional visits by the other 3. but Chip is ALWAYS a visitor!
i think it's because they know that i'll be stationary for a time & available for marking [Chip] & pets.

sweetkara

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat does that all the time. When I had my dog, one time I was going to the bathroom and the door swings open- both the dog AND cat ran in and sat down.... I was like "both of you GET outta here!!"

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't even get into the shower without a cat wanting to join me. Whenever I sit down on the sofa, I have two cats glued to my lap. I sometimes even have a cat on my lap while sitting on the toilet...talk about no privacy

hwc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They just want to make sure you are doing your business where you are supposed to. In "cat" they are saying, "that's a good human. Good human. Did the good human do his business?"

Actually, my cat wants a drink out of the faucet at the sink next to the toilet.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My cats and dogs get really confused when there is company over and I have to close the bathroom door on them. I'm not sure that I've ever walked into our bathroom without someone following me. Koko sits outside the shower door every single time I'm in the shower.

Bathrooms are great - they have you as a captive audience!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SweetKara

My cat does that all the time. When I had my dog, one time I was going to the bathroom and the door swings open- both the dog AND cat ran in and sat down.... I was like "both of you GET outta here!!"
Jake and Joey are the 2 I usually get

I installed a cat door on the bathroom door to keep Jake out of the cat food. So anytime I go in there, Joey (formerly Chloe) rushes in to check on me

Any many times Jake sticks his head through the cat door to make sure I'm ok

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Um...our most acitve games of fetch are from the bathroom..she knows I am stuck sitting down for a while and takes advantage.

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing better than a nice private potty break with a cat on your lap....

Harley is famous for sitting on our laps while on the toilet! Seriously, I thought they had a sense of smell that was like 10 times ours, Harley's must be broken!

Leslie

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Not only do my cats follow me into the bathroom, Miss Patchwillow hops up on my lap and curls up. One of these days she's going to fall in if I stand up too fast. I also usually have at least two watching the water drops run down the shower door.

meowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

My cats and dogs get really confused when there is company over and I have to close the bathroom door on them. I'm not sure that I've ever walked into our bathroom without someone following me. Koko sits outside the shower door every single time I'm in the shower.

Bathrooms are great - they have you as a captive audience!
Me too! My two cats are so confused whe the door gets closed

beturtlement

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I, too, believe my cat has mastered the art of surveillance, especially in my bedroom. He always knows when I'm awake, even when I've just opened my eyes (without moving or making a sound), he seems to know and comes in for his morning lovies. That, and whenever I'm changing my clothes and don't shut the door completely, he always waits until I'm /completely/ naked before he bum rushes the door and sends it flying open, as if to say, "Gotcha, yer on candid camera!"

He's also can't stand me being in the bathroom without him. Luckily, he doesn't try to get in my lap, but he /staaaares/. It must be funny for for anyone else in the house to hear, "Stoppit.. I can't go when yer watching me!"

meowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i forgot to mention that little Holly likes to try and catch the 'stream' going into the toilet with my boyfriend. he finds it very strange

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Meowers

i forgot to mention that little Holly likes to try and catch the 'stream' going into the toilet with my boyfriend. he finds it very strange

Never close the bathroom door and try to go to the bathroom or shower with Butzie around or you hear mournful meows and clawing at the door. She wants me to pet her when I am using that watery litter box.

She insists on watching when I flush the toilet. Sometimes, she wants me to flush again just to watch. We have drought conditions but do you think that it is going to stop me indulging her?

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Swanie doesn't follow me into the bathroom, he beats me in there. He knows when I get up in the morning, that's where I'm heading.

If DH goes into his bathroom and closes the door without Cindy getting there on time, she'll pitch a fit outside the door until I open it and let her in.

Both bathroom doors are open when we're not in there, and no cat in sight. I think they just don't like closed doors