The color divide!!

ewa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yeah I am pretty sure at this point that my cats are secretly discriminating against there differently colored siblings! I have been noticing that in everything from eating, playing and sleeping they seem to be sticking to their own. When I feed them it goes two siamese together on the end, then white cat, followed by two orange and last but not least the greys. I walked into my room the other day and all seven cats were sleeping in there. The two siamese had their stinky little bums on the pillows on my bed, the two orange kitties on the couch, the greys were on the kitty bed on the window ledge, and my lone white cat was in her bookcase bed. Jack my white cat appears to be neutral since she seems to float between "gangs" but mostly is a solitary kitty.

There was a little scrap the other day between one of the siamese and the orange cats and the other siamese shot in like a flash of light to stick up for the other and then the greys came in a slapped everyone in the head for no reason until finally the white cat jumped in and broke it up. I think my cats are attempting to relive the gangs of new york in my house!!LOL!

(by the way I have been home for the last month following a heart surgery, and I think hours at home alone for weeks on end with my cats is totally going to my head! I was telling a friend this and she is pretty sure that I am loosing it, but I think its funny!)

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You might be right lol.
Oreo Cookie is always with Coco even though Coco is 16.8 and she is 1.3.
They are both black and white cats.
Oreo only hugs Coco.
Coco is good friends with Meeko a tabby.
Oreo even tried to nurse on Coco when she came.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to have 4 black cats and 3 white cats, they would sleep on the bed in their coloured group.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I had some music from West Side Story going through my head as I read your account. Yep, it sounds like you have some serious gangs there.

knottygirlz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ewa

(by the way I have been home for the last month following a heart surgery, and I think hours at home alone for weeks on end with my cats is totally going to my head! I was telling a friend this and she is pretty sure that I am loosing it, but I think its funny!)
I was home last winter for a month after a heart attack with just the cats all day and Rick thought I was loosing it, too. I think they sensed I was 'not quite right' because they would spend every day snuggling with me when I napped and entertaining me when I was awake. I never did get them trained to do dishes, though.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Did you see the pic I posted with the 5 RED cats in my bed? My 2 black cats play together. When I had a grey pair, they hung out together. My lone tuxedo cat is a loner.

I think you've got something here!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was actually just going to post something along these lines. My BK Ophelia (b!tchy kitty) seems to be racist - she hates the calicos. She's OK with Mojo, who is a black kitty. Ophelia grew up with Trent, who is also black, and she's a tuxie. Ophelia and Mojo aren't friends, but Ophelia won't hiss and growl at her if she gets on the bed when Ophelia is there. When Mojo had a scare and ran upstairs to hide, Ophelia actually jumped down from on top of the headboard to check on her...until she came nose to nose with Ginger (one of the calicos) and being nice ceased to exist.

So yeah, I think Ophelia just hates calicos because she hates both Ginger and Annie and has on sight since before she actually even met them. It's really kinda sad because Annie just wants to meet her and be friends and Ophelia absolutely hates her.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow that's some pretty interesting info there! I never really had a chance to observe such phenomenon. The only time I had more than one kitty in the house was when they were mother and 4 sibilings and they all loved the snot out of one another even though they were mostly of different colours. They were all also really little, probably too young to be racist