Flushable Cat Litter

kunskitten

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Does it really work without any problems?

Does anyone have any litter they'd recommend? For the prevention of clogging the toilet/pipes and oder control?

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't flush any kind of litter, even when it's meant to be flushable litter, heard too many stories about clogged pipes.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We use World's Best Cat Litter and flush it. Never had any problems and we live in an older home.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I flush Feline Pine (original). It doesn't clump, and once it hits water or urine the pellets turn into a lose powder... Feline pine neutralizes the urine, and you only scoop the poop - this is the part I flush... Never had a problem...

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

I flush Feline Pine (original). It doesn't clump, and once it hits water or urine the pellets turn into a lose powder... Feline pine neutralizes the urine, and you only scoop the poop - this is the part I flush... Never had a problem...
By the way: Below are the instructions from manufacturer:

Regular Use

1. Pour one inch into all clean litter boxes. Even for multiple cats.
2. Scoop and flush solids daily. Pellets absorb urine and break down into sawdust.
3. Shake box to drop sawdust to bottom and eliminate tracking.
4. Change litter box when all pellets dissolve (about two weeks). After scooping, use as landscape mulch or compost.

Good Luck!