Yeap.. I'm getting old..

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds to me like they are talking about the vampires in the movie Twilight.
They are supposed to have this really cute guy as the lead character. But with kids these days... Who knows???

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am 30 years old and read that book and now I am dying to see that movie! It is a very good romance vampire story. Very well written imo.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have NO clue what these teenagers mean when they say something
Welcome to the club!

My DD turns 20 in 8 months; does that mean she won't be speaking "teenager" anymore?

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it is a book series that has just been made into a movie. But from what I have heard the movie is nothing like the book. Everyone says the book is great, but I have yet to read it.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

Cuz I have NO clue what these teenagers mean when they say something about being Twilight..... Somone care to explain?
Nah, you're not old...you just have boys!

The books are really quite good. My 16 year old daughter thinks it's funny that I had to force her to read them. Twilight is the first in a (so far) 4-book series about vampires that don't really conform to the usual vampire lore. Well really, it's about a romance between a human girl and a vampire "boy".

I took 6 teenage girls to see it on my dd's 16th birthday. OMG, it was like in the 60s with the Beatles every time "Edward" came on screen.

*swoon* *scream* *sigh*

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our daughter went to see the movie this past weekend. We both read all 4 books so were looking forward to seeing the movie. I didn't go with her but she said it was good. She said there were some parts that had to be rather short in the movie but took more space up in the book but overall she enjoyed it.

I read the 4 books in 5 days - no kidding, they were so engrossing. I couldn't wait to finish one so I could start the next.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've only heard good things about the books but haven't gotten around to reading them yet. I saw the movie today. I was excited to see it because I love vampire movies and it looked promising. All in all it was a decent movie, worth watching. But there were a few corny parts and I wasn't very impressed with the acting.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Nah, you're not old...you just have boys!

The books are really quite good. My 16 year old daughter thinks it's funny that I had to force her to read them. Twilight is the first in a (so far) 4-book series about vampires that don't really conform to the usual vampire lore. Well really, it's about a romance between a human girl and a vampire "boy".

I took 6 teenage girls to see it on my dd's 16th birthday. OMG, it was like in the 60s with the Beatles every time "Edward" came on screen.

*swoon* *scream* *sigh*
And that's why I am glad I have boys!!!

Deacon is too young to be into girls. He says girls are gross and Justice is just begining to think "Oh she's cute' but 20 mins later, he forgets about her

Sooooooooooo glad I won't have to make the 6 hour long trips to the mall to pick out the "perfect" shoes for prom

ckblv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I read the 4 books in 5 days - no kidding, they were so engrossing. I couldn't wait to finish one so I could start the next.
I agree, I am on Eclipse (3) now and they are so good I don't want them to end, I'm glad they are long.

A friend said she HATED the last one, so, of course, I am obsessed thinking what the ending could be that she hated so much. I hope it isn't what I am imagining.

DON'T TELL ME.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ckblv

I agree, I am on Eclipse (3) now and they are so good I don't want them to end, I'm glad they are long.

A friend said she HATED the last one, so, of course, I am obsessed thinking what the ending could be that she hated so much. I hope it isn't what I am imagining.

DON'T TELL ME.
Well, I haven't finished the last one, but my daughter says it was really good. Of course she is 16 and in "love" with Edward.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jen is almost 22 and she saw the movie. She didn't like it that much. She said that they books were better. She did she it the first weekend it was out and she likes vampire stuff. So do I , actually, but I usually wait for movies to come out on on-demand.