Toys for Wolfie - help from parents!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm searching for gifts for my nephew Wolfgang. He just turned 1 year old. I haven't seen him since he was 6 weeks old. I tend to avoid kids like the plague, so I haven't a clue what to get a 1 year old!

He likes things he can drag around, my bro/SIL have attached strings to several toys so he can tote them around.
I bought him one gift already, but figured I could get him a few more - and just get bro/SIL a gift card to a restaurant.

So I was looking at toys I had as a kid - and already got him this one.

I got to thinking about one of these, but he can't use that for a few years yet, can he? Would his parents kill me? What do you think?

He stands up in the middle of a room, but hasn't done much in the way of walking yet. He crawls around dragging his toys on a string.
I *think* he has this car thing that he stands/leans on & walks that way. But I haven't a clue what he has for toys.

Any other ideas?

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I'm searching for gifts for my nephew Wolfgang. He just turned 1 year old. I haven't seen him since he was 6 weeks old. I tend to avoid kids like the plague, so I haven't a clue what to get a 1 year old!

He likes things he can drag around, my bro/SIL have attached strings to several toys so he can tote them around.
I bought him one gift already, but figured I could get him a few more - and just get bro/SIL a gift card to a restaurant.

So I was looking at toys I had as a kid - and already got him this one.

I got to thinking about one of these, but he can't use that for a few years yet, can he? Would his parents kill me? What do you think?

He stands up in the middle of a room, but hasn't done much in the way of walking yet. He crawls around dragging his toys on a string.
I *think* he has this car thing that he stands/leans on & walks that way. But I haven't a clue what he has for toys.

Any other ideas?
I totally had one of those phones too!!
and a sit-n-spin
I don't think he's old enough for the sit-n-spin though
Originally Posted by Going Nova

This was my favorite when I was little! And it's so annoying, it's great!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00005BTSQ?...0&linkCode=asn
yup, had one of those too!!!

Originally Posted by Pami

I have some family members that buy childrens gifts according to how annoying they are for the parents
my dad has threatened to buy any kids my sister and I have a drum set, and they wonder why I don't want kids

get him a cardborad box, Natalie, he'd probably have more fun with that than anything
just like cats

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ohhh....I really need to get one of those Going Nova!
I'm going for the "annoying factor". They live 9 hours away from me after all!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
soft or wood blocks... mine had colors ,shapes and numbers ..lol.. no wonder I never learned to spell

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

I have some family members that buy childrens gifts according to how annoying they are for the parents
"pop....pop.... pop...pop..pop..pop..pop..pop" Boy dp I remember that thing

Oh, and ANY talking Elmo toy is annoying to a parent after hearing it 2000 times
Especially Chicken Dance Elmo