Trout has a scab

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No big deal or anything...well I don't think so anyway.

I was scritching behind her ears, and kind of right at the base of her skull on the back of her head close to where it meets the neck...actually almost to between her shoulder blades..there is a little scab..its about the size of a piece of confetti.

I was picking at it and she didn't notice, so its not hurting her. I think I got most of it off...but I wonder what it was from?

Do cats just randomly get scabs?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've had my Lily for some reason or another have a "nasty itch". She'll scratch until there's a tiny scab, it'll heal - with no other occurances. I chalk it up to a "kitty thing" unless it gets worse.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I've had my Lily for some reason or another have a "nasty itch". She'll scratch until there's a tiny scab, it'll heal - with no other occurances. I chalk it up to a "kitty thing" unless it gets worse.
Yeah I figured it was nothing much..she is acting normal and the thing isn't hurting her or bleeding or anything like that.

I just get worried when I feel new weird things on her!

Thanks Nat

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The scabs on Zoeys neck is how I found out we had fleas. I didn't see any tell tale signs until I inspected my long haired white cat. Zoey must have a allergic reaction to the bites.

whiteforest

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kitties get dry skin in the winter just like people. It's possible that she got itchy dry skin and scratched herself. I'd just keep an eye on her to make sure she isn't getting more of them.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lucky is allergic to Advantage - the foster applied a round the day she came in, and only now the scabs are clearing out. She said her other cream/ Ivory color cats are also allergic. Is trout a "blondie"?