Black Friday

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you get out on Black Friday? Or would you rather hide from the crowds? And if you do what are the stores you make sure to hit?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love Black Friday!

Every year my aunt & I drive 2 hours to the Mall of America & get all the awesome deals. Bath & Body Works usually has the best sales, along with Lindt
The past few years, Lindt gives a free bag of the Lindt truffles with a purchase over a certain amount
I always hit that sale up

I am so excited to go again this year!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ohhhhh the day after Thanksgiving shopping sales!
I thought you meant Friday the 13th and I was thoroughly confused wondering why anyone would stay home all day or hit the shops just because it was Friday the 13th (especially since there's no Friday the 13th any time soon!).

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I love Black Friday!

Every year my aunt & I drive 2 hours to the Mall of America & get all the awesome deals. Bath & Body Works usually has the best sales, along with Lindt
The past few years, Lindt gives a free bag of the Lindt truffles with a purchase over a certain amount
I always hit that sale up

I am so excited to go again this year!
I love you, Kenz.

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love going to the stores when the sales are in, it's great! So many bargains, especially in gift stores

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Shopping is one of my least favorite activities to start with. Add the crowds and you'd see me running through the mall screaming

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will try to get as much done as possible tomorrow, Tuesday and Wednesday. I will try to stay away from the stores and malls pretty much throughout December and the first couple of weeks of January. The only thing I'll shop for is groceries...at the grocery store, not Meijers or Walmart! This time of year brings out the rudest people and the most rotten attituded shoppers I've ever had the displeasure of running in to. I feel sorry for anyone who works retail this time of year!

tuxedokitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldyCat

Shopping is one of my least favorite activities to start with. Add the crowds and you'd see me running through the mall screaming
My sentiments exactly.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We went a couple years ago, and were so turned off I won't do it again. There was an item at Wal-Mart, we specifically asked the Wednesday before if they were doing numbers or whatever for it. They said "no". We showed up when the store was supposed to open, well doors were already open and numbers had been given out before the sale was even supposed to start.
I won't be tricked into Black Friday again.

The morning wasn't a total loss...We went out for breakfast after that.

psjauntie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I got some great deals last year, so I will probably get out in the mess again this year. I am actually pretty much done with my actual gift buying, thank you lord, and will just be getting out to get really good bargins, if they don't have what I want I will probably sleep in instead. I try to get done early, so if I go shopping and it's to crowded or too may rude people I can leave.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate going to stores on Black Friday! I much prefer working, because usually our store is SLOW because everyone is out shopping. I can do nothing and still get paid for it.
I hate crowds and long lines, so that's why I hate shopping on Black Friday, or any day near Christmas. We were out today, and I was just rushing in and out of stores just so I could get done with shopping and get home. My fiance was saying I was power walking through the mall and stores, but I walk fast so I can get out of the stores fast. I usually only go in the stores with a list, so I stick to the list and get out.

lovemykitty3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I generally like shopping but I don't like the crowds and chaos. I'll probably do some online shopping Friday and wait a week to hit the stores.

ladylonewolf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I try to stay far away from anything resembling a retail store on Black Friday. I just can't stand dealing with all the rude, occasionally idiotic people that tend to flock to the stores then. I either do my shopping early, like I did last year, or in the case of this year, I'll be doing it next month. I also stay far away from the mall, since that's where everyone seems to congregate.

This year I'm not going to be able to do a whole lot of shopping; we're just getting presents for my son, so I can probably get all his stuff in one trip and call myself done.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heck no!!! First of all, the sales are usually not worth waiting in line, the people are very rude, and if I want to get trampled on, I can go to Africa!
To be honest, I rarely buy anything in the store anymore just because I can get it cheaper online with shipping and I don't have to deal with the lines or traffic.