Gorgeous Stray - What Color Type?

angelyco

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just rescued another stray a few days ago, and he's possibly the most beautiful cat I've ever seen. I have NO idea what kind of coloring he has! He has strips on his face and tail, but his back is just a very very light tan--it looks like stripes in the picture, but that's just the way his skin is wrinkled when he sits, I've stared at him long enough that when his back is smooth, there's no stripes. Also, blue eyes to put the cherry on top. Any guesses as to what his coloring is?

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's a beautiful kitty! Sorry I have no idea what colour it is.

krz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He is beautiful!! Are you going to keep him? He sure looks comfortable!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angelyco

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by whiteforest

Check out this thread:
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=181060

Looks a lot like my Ramsay!
Ramsay was the color of your stray between 1-2 years old, but he's darker now.
I actually did read that thread before I posted, and they did look similar! This cat is older though so this is probably his permanent color. Also, he doesn't have the stripes like Ramsay did on his back.

Oh also, at this point we probably plan on keeping him, but we have 10 cats in the house right now, so we have to find homes for some of them (we just keep collecting strays--my heart is too big). He's too gorgeous to give away, though.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Seal Lynx Point. He's basically a pointed cat like a Siamese. They tend to have faint tabby markings on the body as they get older and the color darkens.

He's very handsome.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angelyco

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks! Everyone keeps asking me what color he is, now I can actually answer

opilot

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Actually, I'd call that a snow shoe lynx point mix. Snowshoe is Siamese x with DSH. Lynx point Siamese are tabby marked on their points - hence
my description of your lovely kitty...

I have one just like that, Frodo, he has the shortest softest bunny fur! And he's very laid back and mellow boy, though I consider him a bit slow, as he's NEVER managed to use our pet door - despite seeing all the *other* cats
fly in and out the pet door!! He insists on the pet door being manually opened for him (then he pauses, jumps through and is gone, LOL.). And of course no coming IN the pet door, no, he has to use the real door, LOL.

Check out the Adventures of Frodo - where I post about his getting stuck on the neighbors deck and not knowing how to get down till I "showed" him, LOL.

twokatz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
At first I thought Snowshoe Siamese, but the Tabby marking threw me, it then occured to me he looks like a Lynx Point too so I guess what Opilot suggested fits well. My cats are Lynx Point, Sparky is a Seal Lynx Point, you can see her Tabby marks. Lani is a Tortie Lynx Point. He is a very beautiful kitty

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Snowshoes are a legit breed in ACFA and TICA. They have precise marking - part of which is white on the face and of course white mittens/boots on the feet.

Here's what a true Snowshoe looks like (for a while they only accepted them in Seal or Blue point - not sure if the other colors are allowed yet).

http://www.acfacat.com/snowshoe_synopsis.htm

sol

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'd just like to add white spotting. He's seal lynx point with white spotting.