Food combinations that just don't work

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Yes, another weird thread from me.

I went out to lunch and ended my meal with margaritas and peanut butter pie.
In hindsight, that wasn't my best choice.

What was your last bad food combination?

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ok Im still crackig up at Susans thread she just posted with Jack on top of the TV and now Im reading yours with your margarita and peanut butter, I cant take it

If Im having a drink, I usually can never choose the right food to go with it, so I usually just skip the food

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In college my sister once came home from a party very hungry. She decided on Grape Juice and cottage cheese..... not such a good choice

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittymonsters

In college my sister once came home from a party very hungry. She decided on Grape Juice and cottage cheese..... not such a good choice
I can see why

I actually like pizza & orange juice together

& Karen, I agree, your combo doesn't sound the best either

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My ex seasoned his scrambled eggs one morning with poultry seasoning. He figured that eggs came from poultry so it must be a good combination. I didn't taste them, but he threw them out.

My brother used to eat pickled pigs feet with milk. How totally gross.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just had Kahula and M&M's. Not the best choice for heartburn suffers....
But I was hungry waiting for DH to get home from work..Paying for it now and I don't want dinner...

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can eat just about any combo of food you can think of. In fact odd combinations of foods actually taste quite good to me. I like to break up potato chips and use them as a topping for vanilla ice cream. Most people find that disgusting. I think it's delicious. I love to take a dill or sweet pickle and wrap soggy french fries around it and eat it as a pickle and french fry sandwich.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

If Im having a drink, I usually can never choose the right food to go with it, so I usually just skip the food
I like your attitude!

Originally Posted by Momofmany

My brother used to eat pickled pigs feet with milk. How totally gross.
oh my goodness, I can't/don't want to even try imagining that!

Originally Posted by HopeHacker

I can eat just about any combo of food you can think of. In fact odd combinations of foods actually taste quite good to me. I like to break up potato chips and use them as a topping for vanilla ice cream. Most people find that disgusting. I think it's delicious. I love to take a dill or sweet pickle and wrap soggy french fries around it and eat it as a pickle and french fry sandwich.
Well, at least you can say you're creative in the kitchen!

I'm not really wild with food, so I don't have interesting combos. I did use to like Marmite and lettuce sandwiches though.

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For some strange reason......I don't feel real good right now!

Hub likes his fried eggs runny....can't stand that alone....but his sister wants them the same way...with catsup!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honey mustard pretzels and juice! Just didn't work for me.

also pizza and juice isn't great either! unless its like fruit punch it's okay but I love soda and pizza.
I love soda and candy just not with sour candy. hey licorice is so good with soda. red not black!

lemur 6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hmm... not really food, but multi-vitamins and soda do not go well together. You'll be a burping machine for the rest of the day. Then again, most pills and soda don't go well together.

Most pills also do not go well together with alcohol. Actually I hear tylenol + alcohol =

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here are mine, though I don't find them disgusting as others do: although now I don't eat half this stuff anymore:
French Fries dipped in chocolate ice cream
Apples or watermelon with salt
potato chips on sandwiches
burgers dipped in cucumber (gyro) sauce
grapefruit juice and Ho-Hos
My friend used to think getting a value meal at McDonald's and drinking milk with it was gross...I drank milk with anything!