Bad News--Hubby lost his job yesterday.

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hubby's company has been struggling--they are a nationwide company. They made the decision to cut 30% of the people in his position. So after giving them 9 years he is now jobless.

I only work part-time.

Christmas will be non-existent for us this year--and the possibility of us having to leave our rental house and move in with my parents is very much there.

This is very scary especially because we were relying on Hubby's health insurance--I take multiple medications for severe migraine headaches as well as medication for ovarian cysts.

Leslie

blondpierogi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am soo sorry about what happened with your hubby's job. Please think positive and know that things will get better. Maybe he can go and try working for a staffing agency like Office Team/ ajilon. I did that this past summer and they do give basic health insurance.
Also have you ever been to a chiropractor. I have been suffering from migraines for many years, and since i have been getting adjusted by a chiropractor i have not had them. Give it a try and you will not have to deal with meds.
Here are some good luck vibes to you . good luck.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Leslie I am very sorry to hear this. Sending so many prayers your way

wyatturpsmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am very sorry to hear that. There's a lot of it going around. I lost my job on October 1st, also because of the economy. It is very tough out there. Keep good thoughts.

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear that.

But a lot of businesses are hiring temporary for the holidays right now. He should get out there and see if he could find something even if it is just temporary. And you never know he could start temp and end up going full time or part time. Or at least have something to tide you guys over until he finds a better job

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am really sorry to hear that..
It is scary the number of companies that are failing or downsizing right now. Let's hope another job comes along quicky for your husband

Sending tons of vibes out to you.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh honey, I'm sorry.
. If you can, stock up on your meds now while the insurance is still active (it should still be good for the next few weeks). I agree about trying to find seasonal work to begin with. You never know where that can lead.

As for Christmas, that is a state of mind. Three years ago what little extra money we had for Christmas we got selling things on Ebay (you'd be amazed at what some people will buy!). Most of the money went to presents for my niece and nephew but we did set a limit of $10 for each other. DH got me a tree ornament of an orange tabby cat hanging off of an empty bird cage (Harley!!), and I got him Nascar return address lables
. But, we still had a great christmas because we were together. (Sappy, I know).

You guys will be in my thoughts, and good luck!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear this
Job loss is never a good thing, but it's exceptionally bad at this time of year.

I agree with what someone suggested about stocking up on medications now while you still have some insurance.

If you have to move home for awhile, then don't feel bad about it. Things look bleak right now, but they will get better. I believe that for every door that closes, another opens with better options.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for the sweet and supportive comments.

It's such a rough time. We knew the first 5 years of marriage would be trying but we had no idea they would be THIS trying.

Luckily I get my medication three months at a time and so I have 3 months worth of it right now. We just have to pray that something happens in 3 months time.

Leslie

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear about your misfortune. I know how you feel, we are in pretty much the same situation. Sending our prayers and vibes for you and hubby.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry to hear about your hubby losing his job
Its definitely crazy times right now.

for you two.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
sorry to hear that he ahs lost his job hun its horrible times for everyone across the world at the mo

christmas is what you make it, we also dont have much but its the tought of anything little and family around you makes a wonderful christmas

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear about this. Even though things SEEM bleak right now, they will get better. You WILL find a way to survive this.

Try your local library*s reference dept. (and the Internet) to see if there are any public programs to help you in some way (esp. for your medical problems). A reference librarian would be very happy to find info for you. Also, ask around every chance you can get--I often hear of solutions to problems that are seemingly impossible to solve, all juts my mentioning my situation to friends, family, neighbors, and clerks that wait on me in stores!

My hubby*s job is also in jeopardy now. They did not lay anyone else off this past week, but things are not looking good, either.

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear about your DH's job loss. Its tough out there. The same thing happened to a good friend a few weeks ago, poor timing, they just had a baby. He decided though to go back to school now that he has the time.

As for your meds wasn't Montel Williams advertizing some program for people in this very situation that helps pay for meds? I found these links, they may help.

http://www.freemedicinefoundation.com/
http://www.freemedicinerevolution.co...FRs-awodgghF9w

This one is a site that tells you all about the plan and how it works.
http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art29905.asp

pjk5900

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jack31

Hubby's company has been struggling--they are a nationwide company. They made the decision to cut 30% of the people in his position. So after giving them 9 years he is now jobless.

I only work part-time.

Christmas will be non-existent for us this year--and the possibility of us having to leave our rental house and move in with my parents is very much there.

This is very scary especially because we were relying on Hubby's health insurance--I take multiple medications for severe migraine headaches as well as medication for ovarian cysts.

Leslie
Will he get unemployment??

A lot of good drugs have a generic now and you can get them for $4. at walmart.
I am a pharmacy technician and can tell you a little more if you want to PM me your prescription drug names.

Hopefully this downward spiral will end for us all soon.

Luckily we are both still employed but that can change anytime.

Hug your kitty to feel better for a minute.

Patty

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear this! Vibes to you and your family This is a very hard time of year for this, there is no good time for this though. Temp agencies, temp help for the holidays, and selling things you have around the house, and drastic cuts to your budget immediately are temporary measures to help you while you search for better jobs. I hope you guys can get back on your feet quickly. Hugs
and