Twilight (movie)

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anyone going to see this movie? It came out today and I am dying to go see it but I can't go before Wednesday

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did not read the books, because they are "young adult" so I figured they might be too childish. I might see the movie though, but probably not until its out on dvd. The previews look ok.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

I did not read the books, because they are "young adult" so I figured they might be too childish. I might see the movie though, but probably not until its out on dvd. The previews look ok.
That's what I thought but I read the book anyways and boy oh boy am I glad I did

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just recently got into this series of books, based on hearing someone here mention the author. I'm always looking for new books and authors to follow.

I've read the second, third and fourth book, and the first book just came in so is on hold for me at the library.

They are "ok". Very light reading and definitely meant for a younger generation to read them, but still enjoyable.

I doubt I'll go to the theater to see the movie though. I rarely go to theaters to see movies. I don't really have the attention span to sit right through a movie, and besides, I usually end up with someone coming in after me who is taller and sitting right in front of me and blocking my view
Like most movies, I'll wait for it to come to a movie channel and watch it then.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll wait til the hype dies down before I go but I'm definitely a BIG fan of the books!

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So yeah, no movie tonight as all the theaters are sold out until the 10pm shows, which will probably sell out soon.

So I ordered tickets for a time tomorrow night online.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

I'm almost 49 years old and I'm right in the middle of reading Twilight. I am really enjoying the book and plan on reading the rest of the series!

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I doubt I'll go to the theater to see the movie though. I rarely go to theaters to see movies. I don't really have the attention span to sit right through a movie, and besides, I usually end up with someone coming in after me who is taller and sitting right in front of me and blocking my view
The theater I go to has stadium seating except for the front 5 or so rows which are on the ground so I don't have to worry about tall people. However I am very picky and only like to watch movies if I can sit in the center of the screen so I try to arrive early and get very disgruntled if I can't get a good seat! My favorite place to sit is in the first row of the stadium-style seats because there is more foot room. Also there's a railing in front of the first row so I can put my feet up (I sit in odd positions if I have to sit for a long time.) About 80% of the time I am able to get "my" seats which means in the first stadium row, front and center. The worst theater experience I've had was when I went to a preview screening of "A History of Violence" and we weren't early enough so we had to sit in the second row towards the side. I got a sore neck and there are just some things you do not need to see up close on a 40-foot screen...
I'm planning to go see Twilight with some people tomorrow night but we're not sure if we will have a hard time getting tickets or getting good seats...

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We were going to see it tonight, but decided on "Bolt" instead...we weren't disappointed in the least! We still want to see "Twilight" though, but tonight it's tickets were pretty well sold out...

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got back from the movie. We lucked out, we went to the last matinee and there was not a huge number of people so we got good seats. In fact, my favorite seats.
We really were lucky because the later showing would have been crazy, when we got out of the theater we saw this huge line waiting for the next showing. They had a special roped off area for the people to wait.

Anyway, I liked the movie although I still am not totally happy with the casting of the main characters. The special effects were a little distracting but they were not too bad. I was disappointed that they left out the blood typing scene though. I do hope they do the next book.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nekochan

I do hope they do the next book.
Summit Entertainment has announced today they are officially doing New Moon

http://www.summit-ent.com/

Los Angeles, CA November 22, 2008 — Summit Entertainment announced today that the studio is officially moving forward with the production of NEW MOON, the second installment of its filmed franchise TWILIGHT, the action-packed, modern day vampire love story. The movie will be based on the second novel in author Stephenie Meyer's Twilight series titled, New Moon. The first movie in the TWILIGHT franchise, the self-titled TWILIGHT, arrived in theaters this weekend to sold-out showings.

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kitytize

Summit Entertainment has announced today they are officially doing New Moon

http://www.summit-ent.com/
That is awesome!!
It's going to be a long wait for that one to come out, but I think I'll be going to see that one.

DH and I went last night to watch Twilight and I LOVED IT! I know it wasn't identical to the book, but I expected that. The same thing happened with the Harry Potter movies (which I cannot wait to see in July, btw).

DH actually admitted it wasn't a bad movie (I wasn't sure he could stomach it), but we both agreed they rushed some of it (but seeing as the movie was 2 hours with that, I can understand it).

I cannot wait for the next one!!!!

ckblv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not into the vampire thing at all, but my DIL and grand daughter both wanted to go while I was back in Iowa for Thanksgiving week. We went to a matinee and I absolultely loved it. I started reading the books immediately.
I am on the third one now. Have to go back and re read the first as I just skimmed that one. I think the actor that plays Edward is just beautiful. I'm obsessed and I am an old lady.

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha.

I bought my tickets for the first friday showing a week ahead of time. Because I knew what it was going to be like.

And I got there an hour and ahalf before the movie even started, and the doors didn't even open for another 40 mins and there was already over a hundreds girls waiting in line to get in. Thank god they had two screens showing.

I enjoyed the book. I really think it could have been better..but they did very well with the time they had and the very tiny budget they had. I think New Moon will be much better because the budget for it is much much bigger now.
We'll have better effects and all that jazz.. and hopefully more ALICE! And Jasper and Emmet.

neva1991

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i want to see that movie too. it looks really good but i may wait unitl it gets out on DVD because my boyfriend doesn't like going to the movies.