Early morning meowing

siameseluver

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My Siamese kitty, Badger, has been a handful. Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ve tried several things to keep him from meowing in the early morning hours such as playing with him for about 30 minutes before bed to make him tired…that didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t work. I have also tried feeding him before bed…that didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t work. I have tried to put him in a different room once the meowing starts at 5 am…no such luck.

Finally, my last resort worked. One morning at about 6am, he started meowing and I had no idea what to do with him since I had tried everything else. I got out the cat carrier, put a t-shirt of mine in it and put Badger inside. I put him in the living room with the tv on and he didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t make one single peep. I let him out immediately once I got up about an hour and a half later and he came out purring!??!!!

Now, every morning, with his first meow, I get up and take him into the living room where he walks right into his carrier without any resistance whatsoever. He only stays in there up to two hours max. I find this really strange for a cat but he doesnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t seem to mind it because when he comes out, he purrs and is very lovey and cuddly. Heâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s a strange one!

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my siamese was giving me the same difficulties. I have been taking him on car rides........ has cured themidnight meows

howtoholdacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is strange. Still, if it works and he's happy then that's the important thing. If you put the shirt in the carrier and leave it in the livingroom will he get in it of his own accord?

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by howtoholdacat

That is strange. Still, if it works and he's happy then that's the important thing. If you put the shirt in the carrier and leave it in the livingroom will he get in it of his own accord?
That's what I was wondering. If you put the shirt in there before you go to bed with the door open, will he just go in on his own now that you've "trained" him?

sport

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Also remember that Siamese are BY FAR the most VOCAL of ALL cat species.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

siameseluver

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No, he won't go in on his own. I just put the shirt in there because I feel like my smell might make him at ease.
I actually haven't had to put him in for 2 nights now. I think he is slowly learning not to tell us his stories at 5am!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sport

Also remember that Siamese are BY FAR the most VOCAL of ALL cat species.
Actually it depends on each individual cat. We have 2 Siamese and most of the time you wouldn't know they are even around. My sealpoint years ago was the same. Guess my cats just don't have much to complain about.