OMG I am nominated for an award

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG this is shocking news....My GED teacher just called me and asked me if it was ok if she nominated me for an award through the state. I don't have the name of the award on me right this second i have to go and get a packet from school in just a bit on it. Basically what I have to do is write a 3-5 min speech on how the adult literacy program changed my life. After I give the speech there will be a question and answer segment. If will be between me and 4 other people and we will give the speech in front of a panel of 3 people. Who ever wins gets their picture in the newspaper and we get to go to Atlanta to represent our school in a leadership seminar. Plus we will get to meet all the other people that won across the state. And the best part of the trip will be I won't have to pay for anything, expenses paid. They did not say if my husband could come or not. But the trip is in Feb. so he might get to go and I know my mom would watch the kids so I could go.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ping

OMG this is shocking news....My GED teacher just called me and asked me if it was ok if she nominated me for an award through the state. I don't have the name of the award on me right this second i have to go and get a packet from school in just a bit on it. Basically what I have to do is write a 3-5 min speech on how the adult literacy program changed my life. After I give the speech there will be a question and answer segment. If will be between me and 4 other people and we will give the speech in front of a panel of 3 people. Who ever wins gets their picture in the newspaper and we get to go to Atlanta to represent our school in a leadership seminar. Plus we will get to meet all the other people that won across the state. And the best part of the trip will be I won't have to pay for anything, expenses paid. They did not say if my husband could come or not. But the trip is in Feb. so he might get to go and I know my mom would watch the kids so I could go.
Oh, wow! That's great! I hope you win!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's great!
Will you be nervous if you have to speak?

Your husband may be able to come if he pays his way there, though I'm sure there'd be no problem with him sharing your room (if you get your own room). If there is, sneak him in!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Congratulations!

I keep forgetting to post and say good for you for going back to school and taking control.
Go you!

Are you proud of yourself? You really should be.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Congratulations!

I keep forgetting to post and say good for you for going back to school and taking control.
Go you!

Are you proud of yourself? You really should be.

Good luck - I really hope you win it!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh that's soooo exciting!!!
Congratulations!!! I hope you win!

I think it's really awesome that you've gone back to school and everything. It's people like you who inspire others to succeed!!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, look at you! After all the bad things you've had to deal with lately, isn't this a nice change? And isn't it great to know people think so highly of you?
Just being nominated is fantastic -- congratulations!

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats! You deserve an award for all your hard work! I hope you win!