Speaking of saving on gas...

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here is what my husband wants to consider upgrading to from his current Piaggio MP3 500:
http://blog.wired.com/cars/2008/11/piaggio-unveils.html

Good on emissions too!

I think we all expect gas prices to become an issue again in the not too distant future so thought this might be of interest. My husband has loved having his Piaggio and it has sure saved us money.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would love a Piaggio, but when I sat on one in the scooter shop, it was too big for me )c: I think it is one bike that is worth buying, especially in the future.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The scooter store next to where DH works is always booming. They were running out of scooters when gas prices shot up. I figured I was in the wrong business
I have a 25 mile commute 1 way so I'll stick with my pretty fuel efficient Integra (30-32mpg)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

I would love a Piaggio, but when I sat on one in the scooter shop, it was too big for me )c: I think it is one bike that is worth buying, especially in the future.
Thats too bad...but I also saw some really cool (and yes, cute) vespa's when we were looking at the Piaggios

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tara & Rob

The scooter store next to where DH works is always booming. They were running out of scooters when gas prices shot up. I figured I was in the wrong business
I have a 25 mile commute 1 way so I'll stick with my pretty fuel efficient Integra (30-32mpg)
We thought about a hybrid car, but when we looked at the cost and then the mpg (not to mention my husband really wanted to be back riding a motorcycle - or something close), the Piaggio won out. His commute is up to 90 minutes now...mind that we actually can get to where he works in 20 to 25 minutes on a non-work day.

The traffic in this state just stinks.