Breakfast anyone?

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know we have a dinner thread.....but how about breakfast? Admittedly I don't usually eat much but today we're delivering 12 servings of breakfast two hours away and 40 servings here in town......the small one is having steak, eggs, grits, gravy, bacon, biscuits butter and jelly. The 40 serving one is having bacon, sausage, eggs, grits, gravy, biscuits, butter and jelly.

Theres only one problem with that small, far away b'fast.....I fell yesterday evening and have either cracked or hopefully just bruised my tail bone!

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope you feel better soon.
I usually have fresh fruit salads. Sometimes on the weekend we will have whole wheat blueberry waffles or pancakes and fresh fruit. I did just cooking a big batch of homemade granola followed by bran, banana, and blueberry muffins to munch on this morning and the rest of the week

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ouchies at a cracked or bruised tailbone!! Eek.

I usually dont eat breakfast, but for the last week or so I've had frosted mini-wheats in the morning. If I'm early enough on my way to work I'll stop and grab a bagel from Dunkin Donuts. On Sunday, Rob made me scrambled eggs for breakfast, which was so sweet

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittenKrazy

Theres only one problem with that small, far away b'fast.....I fell yesterday evening and have either cracked or hopefully just bruised my tail bone!
I feel your pain! literally!
I fell down the stairs nearly 3 weeks ago now and its still not 100% healed. Hope yours gets better soon.

I usually just have a bowl of shredded wheat cereal for breakfast
My favorite of all time is biscuits and gravy
but I only get that when I'm home visiting in Oklahoma. I have tried dozens of restaurants here for it, and its all awful and unfit to eat!

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For breakfast I usually eat stuff like mac & cheese, or whatever's left over from dinner the night before. Occasionally I'll have grits and toast... but that's the only real "breakfast food" that I like.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope your back feels better soon..

I usually have the samething every morning for breakfast..
Yogurt, a piece of toast and a cup of hot chocolate.
Sometimes on the weekend I will splurge and the kitties and I have scrambled eggs..

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had an omelette with tomato and avocado, and a piece of toast. I don't usually have toast but we had a fresh-baked loaf of multigrain bread for lunch sandwiches and I couldn't resist.

Hope you heal quickly and completely!

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittenKrazy

I fell yesterday evening and have either cracked or hopefully just bruised my tail bone!
Wow, do I feel for you, Cindy! I broke my tail bone last December, and it horrible! You can't sit, stand, lie down..anything without feeling! It still hurts if I sit on it wrong! Why don't you go get yourself one of those dough nut pillows? That really helped! I would say kisses to your booboo, but...

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

I feel your pain! literally!

I usually just have a bowl of shredded wheat cereal for breakfast
My favorite of all time is biscuits and gravy
but I only get that when I'm home visiting in Oklahoma. I have tried dozens of restaurants here for it, and its all awful and unfit to eat!
I have shredded wheat with bananas or berries on it when it is hot and oatmeal when it is cold. Sometimes I have a poached egg and toast.

Saturdays and Sundays I usually have bagels.

I hope you feel better soon.

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I usually prefer to sleep in the morning!

But I always have a cup of coffee in the morning.

the rest depends on time...if I have the time I will make Oatmeal
Or I will have vanilla yogurt with museli or a Honey Crisp Apple with a scoop of Honey Roasted organic fresh ground Peanut butter from Whole Foods!

And a glass of Pom Pomergrante Iced Green Tea.

Sundays my fiance usually makes me Bacon, egges and potatoes. Sometimes he will also make Biscuits and Gravy which he makes amazingly well (I always joke around and sayits because he's from the mid-west!)

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ouch! I hope you are feeling better and it's just bruised.

I had a corn muffin that we made last night. The cinnamon raisin bagel is calling my name. In another hour I will probably have oatmeal or hash browns and sausage. No eggs for me, it seems to be my only aversion which I expected.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by vampcow

Sometimes he will also make Biscuits and Gravy which he makes amazingly well (I always joke around and sayits because he's from the mid-west!)
Please send him to me! I'm dying for some midwest biscuits and gravy

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hope you are feeling better now

When I was growing up every weekend my family made homemade biscuits, sausage gravy, eggs, potatoes, grits, sausage and bacon. OMG it was so good. Every once in a while, (like once a year or more) I will have that, but usually later on in the day, not early in the AM.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I had a whole wheat english muffin with a little cheese on it. What I really wanted was a big chourico and cheese omelet with homefries and toast.

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually just eat oatmeal when I get home from work in the morning. Occassionly I like to make sausage with scrambled cheese eggs or have bacon with eggs over easy.

I can put a serious hurt on pancakes, waffles and french toast.

lemur 6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I usually like an egg sunny side up, cooked just enough for the bottom to not fall apart but at high heat so it's crispy, and a piece of toast to soak up the yolk. Served along side a tall glass of fruit juice (OJ, berry punch, etc)

Occasionally I like a strip of soft bacon with it, or a fresh biscuit with honey/strawberry jam.

And for desert after breakfast (I'm one of those people who think desert comes after every meal), I'll have some fresh crepes with nutella and fruit, or a small piece of cake, pie, pastry. Just enough to sweeten the mouth, maybe 2 mouthfuls.

All washed down with a cup of Darjeeling tea.

Pretty scant meal but just enough to hold me over till lunch.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't get up until noon - so I just eat lunch. Or if I do get up - I drink Pepsi for breakfast.
If I must eat breakfast - peanut butter on toast & bacon. Eggs make me