Dusty nipped me!

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was off today for a doctor's appointment so I didn't get up at my usual time this morning. Dusty came to visit and she was purring and drooling as normal. After giving her some pettings, I wanted to get a few more minutes of sleep, so I rolled over and covered my head with the sheet. Dusty climbed over me and was pawing at the sheet to uncover me. When that didn't work, she nipped me! Right on the nose through the sheet! I was so surprised since she never did that before. I was so cute!

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It may be cute, but it should be firmly discouraged. Cats should not be allowed to bite humans with impunity.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We got Leo when he was only about 5 weeks old, and about a week later John was laying on his back on the bed. Leo was asleep on John's belly. Leo woke up, crawled up John's chest until he was right next to his face. Leo tilted his head the slightest bit, leaned over and bit John right on the nose. Don't know why he did it, and he never did it again, but it was absolutely HILARIOUS!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zane's Pal

It may be cute, but it should be firmly discouraged. Cats should not be allowed to bite humans with impunity.
I have been raising cats for 50 years so I know they should not be biting me. This was the first time Dusty had ever nipped me. She didn't bite me, she lightly nipped my nose through the sheet. She wanted to get my attention. I put her off the bed at that point.

A bite is when they clamp down. If I hadn't been awake, it wouldn't of even woke me up.

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catkiki

A bite is when they clamp down. If I hadn't been awake, it wouldn't of even woke me up.
I disagree. Any application of the teeth to human flesh is a bite, be the skin broken or no, and, IMHO, must not be tolerated.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww, a nose nip...too cute

Trout always bites....not nips..bites. But only me and not other people
I think its because she never learned how to play nice. For her its gloves off

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww! Cute!

Chynna occasionally gives me nibbles. She is what I call an "interactive cuddler". She doesn't just lay there and let me pet and cuddle her; she has to reciprocate, which means that while I'm massaging one of her paws, she's kneading on me with the other, or if I'm giving her chin or neck scritches, she giving me nose kisses which sometimes includes a little nibble with her front teeth followed by more nose kisses. And eventually settling down with her head resting in my hand and going to sleep.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Awww! Cute!

Chynna occasionally gives me nibbles. She is what I call an "interactive cuddler". She doesn't just lay there and let me pet and cuddle her; she has to reciprocate, which means that while I'm massaging one of her paws, she's kneading on me with the other, or if I'm giving her chin or neck scritches, she giving me nose kisses which sometimes includes a little nibble with her front teeth followed by more nose kisses. And eventually settling down with her head resting in my hand and going to sleep.
That is why I said that she didn't bite me. She gave me a love nip. Regardless of what Zane's Pal said. Dusty did not bite me.

I have had cat's bite me. I know the difference.

scampersmama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Scamper will lick me... I have to hide any exposed skin or else she gets it! lol it's so cute when they give you a love nip

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catkiki

That is why I said that she didn't bite me. She gave me a love nip. Regardless of what Zane's Pal said. Dusty did not bite me.

I have had cat's bite me. I know the difference.
I have to agree that some cat's nibble as part of socializing. Both Pixie and Linus do, they aren't trying to hurt me it usually ends up with them licking me it's part of their way of grooming me.
They are certainly not trying to hurt me that's for sure.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
awww how cute

flash does the same she nibbles my ear if im in bed and she wants a cuddle/food, she has only bit once and se got a firm no thats naughty sooty is still learning bless him but thats oly to put his claws away, i have two ickle nibblers