How widely travelled are you?

megra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How many other countries have you visited and which was your favourite?

I have travelled far less than I would like. I lived in Switzerland for a year and have visited Belgium, France, Italy and Sweden.

Of these few, France is my favourite I think, particularly Provence which I have visited twice. I've also spent time in Normandy (some friends of mine have a house there). Although I found the people in Normandy friendly, the people in the South are particularly warm and laid back and, like the British, they are mongrels, a mix of French, Italian, Basque, Phoenician and all points round the Med.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Before I had cats, I got to travel to many countries and many US states. I think those days are over for me with cats, though.

Travel is a passion of mine. Just to be able to see different cultures and ways people live and think has always been a huge interest to me. I have probably been to over 15 countries and many many US cities.

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been to Canada and the UK and quite a lot of the states. I'd move to England in a heartbeat if I could. I love the history of Europe (as opposed to America, where anthing over 100 years is our history and then they tear it down to put up something new)

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not very... The only other country I've been to is Canada. I almost went to Mexico when I was in San Diego but I didn't have an ID (I was a teenager) so we ended up not going... I've only been to about 18 or 20 states and a 2-3 of those were just driving through to get to Maine...
My brother is in Japan right now, does that count for something?
(I'm catsitting for him...)

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've been to Idaho.
Florida & many "grain belt" states. And that's as far as I care to travel. I get sick every time & it generally stinks for all involved. Ask sharky.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've been to most of the U.S. states with the exception of the northwest (Washington, Oregon, Idaho and Alaska). For foreign countries, I've been to Canada, Mexico, Jamaica, Panama, France and a quick bounce thru the U.K.

I love to travel but its really hard with all the critters we now have. It takes a lot of planning, so our days of spur of the moment hopping in the car or on a plane are long gone.

My favorite country? France. My favorite state? Utah, for the sheer beauty of the National Parks there.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been to most US continental states except the northeast. Most of those were just passing through in a car though. I've lived in 7 states. Have been to England once and would love to go back as well as to other places.

I have a major flying phobia though, that would likely prevent me going even if I had the money.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was a journalist I travelled all over the world. I have visited (I think!) 47 countries in Western and Eastern Europe, North and South America, the Middle East, the Far East and Africa, many more than once. While in the US I have been to 36 States. I have lived in Britain, the US, Russia, Bosnia and France. But now I really don't want to travel any more. I am happy to put down roots here in France with my animals.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never been out of the US. I've been to seven US states... Indiana (obviously
), Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina (very briefly), Georgia & Alabama.

rahma

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The lower 48 US states, Canada, England and Egypt. The husband and I plan to travel more, and maybe even move to the Gulf or Egypt eventually, but for now, we can barely afford to travel in our own state, let alone the country or the world. *sigh* A trip to egypt may be in the works next year, keeping my fingers crossed!

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been to all the U.S. states except Hawaii, and I've also been to Mexico, England, Northern Ireland, The Netherlands, Switzerland, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, and of course, Canada.

Husband's way more travelled than me and has been to all the continents! I want to go with him to Greece and Australia next time he goes.

I'm very happy where I am but my next favorite place to live would be Amsterdam, but I wouldn't mind taking up residence in Switzerland!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been to 22 states, including a hand or foot in NM when we were visiting the four corners.
I have also been to DC and Puerto Rico.

We have been to Canada, Mexico, England, Scotland, France, Spain, Austria, Germany, Australia and New Zealand. I am hoping to go to Italy next when the recession is over and the dollar is better.

cocoa cream

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was in a touring choir in college, so I've been to at least 32 different states. I've also been on a few mission trips to various countries: Mexico, China, South Africa, Sweden and Norway. I enjoyed each country in its own way, but I've always been thankful to live in the USA!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to travel a lot when I was in university, I have lived in England, Ireland and Canada and spent a fair amount of time travelling in France, Belgium, Germany, Poland, Greece, as well as short visits to other countries

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
None. The furthest we have tavelled was Hawaii. And DH has been to Canada on fishing trips. We may go to a cat show next summer in Canada.

We still would love to visit Australia, England/Scotland/Ireland one day.

twokatz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We've been to most of the Western Carribean Islands and Puerto Rico. My favorite place is Grand Caymen. We would love to go to Italy, Rome and Spain but until the kitties get stable enough to leave it won't happen. I LOVE to travel and see new places and the different cultures so getting my wings clipped is hard.

quill_luv

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've been to the upper United States (Washington, Oregon, New Hampshire, New York, Maine, New Jersey and Vermont), all over Canada, England, Ireland, Wales, Germany, France, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, and France.

althekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love to travel and would like to do more. I have been to

Greece, France, Germany, Prague, Croatia, Slovenia,Italy,Turkey,Portugal, Gibraltar, Morocco, Singapore, Malaysia, India and Scotland, Wales and Ireland of course.
I can't think of anymore.