AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
It's not too far away!

What are your plans?

What's on the menu?

Are you trying any new recipes?

For our neighbors to the North, did you try a new recipe and was it successful?

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're staying put. My sister is hosting dinner and we are sharing the cooking duties. I posted earlier about making apple pie from scratch. I am also going to make curried squash and apple soup. I don't think the kids will eat it, but I know the adults will. So, we will be having soup, turkey breast (no one eats the dark meat), mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet potato pudding, salad, a green veggie, cranberry sauce, rolls, pumpkin and apple pies. I think that's enough, don't you?

ETA: Oh, I may or may not make stuffing. Haven't decided yet.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dottie is flying up to MA on Thursday. I'm not sure when I'll be home that day, and I knew I wouldn't get any time off anyway, so she's going alone to visit her family.

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is an even numbered year, so we'll be at my in-laws for the Holiday. I don't know what's on the menu, aside from the usual fare. But I'm really excited for my carb-cheat day.
No worrying about eating the pie for me!

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are going to Destin, Fl. for Thanksgiving, leaving this Saturday with Severino in tow
Spending it with my sis and her family
I was just there @ 3 weeks ago and miss the kids terrible

Not sure of the dinner menu yet, my sis and I will discuss it when we get there
I do know we are making a pumpkin cobbler that is SO good, I made it last week

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We aren't going anywhere for Thanksgiving, just having dinner here at home. John's dad makes a ham every year, so I know we're having that but not sure what else we're having yet.

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We will be walking over to our neighbors' home. They are cat breeders and invite "cat friends" from all over to indulge (I don't use that term lightly) in a fantastic Thanksgiving potluck. I am bringing green beans and sweet potato casserole and besides the usual fare there will be a massive cheese tray, gallons of wine, fancy foods (one guest is an executive from Whole Foods Mkt), lots of cats to pet and just general fun and overeating.

The next morning, everyone is invited back for breakfast of tamales, fruit salad, breads, pies, more CHEESE and of course, cat petting.

This is my third year to be invited. We look forward to it all year.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Cally

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This year we are not doing turkey. It's just my husband and I and the cats. We decided to do Cornish game hens with a apricot glaze that I put on them. They are yummy!!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, we can't go to any family because my SO has to work, so I don't think we will do anything or have any special dinner

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We were invited to my Dads but we are going to stay here.
We ordered a turkey dinner from the honey baked ham store and will pick it up Weds. Thanksgiving used to be fun before all teh bad things happend.
Patches died Nov 26th 1998 on Thanksgiving from Arf.
Stripe also almost died the same day from Crf but was saved then.
I lost her to Crf in 2000.
My Aunt had a stroke and the dr made a mistake and punctured her aorta and she died on Nov 28th and then the shootings in San Francisco Nov 27 1979. my aunt died in 1980.
Ever since then its been really hard to care about Thanksgiving.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Much to my mother's dismay we're going to my inlaws. But, in my defense, we still haven't told them we're pregnant and my parents have known for a few weeks now. Why does she seem to think it's a competition?! It's not like we don't see them. Oh well. We'll come back Saturday and then do diner with my folks Sunday. Because she was so disgruntled I suggested to DH that we cook diner as a treat.

proudmamiof4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am doing all the cooking and both sides of the family are coming to my house ( just like every other year) I am making a turkey,ham,collards baked mac and cheese,mashed potatoes & gravy,homemade cranberry stuffing,cranberry,potato salad,macaroni salad,deviled eggs,rolls,sweet potato pie,pumpkin pie,aplle pie mmmmmmmmm.....making myself hungry!!lol

proudmamiof4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by proudmamiof4

I am doing all the cooking and both sides of the family are coming to my house ( just like every other year) I am making a turkey,ham,collards baked mac and cheese,mashed potatoes & gravy,homemade cranberry stuffing,cranberry,potato salad,macaroni salad,deviled eggs,rolls,sweet potato pie,pumpkin pie,aplle pie mmmmmmmmm.....making myself hungry!!lol
4 got to add the roasted corn,pasta salad and the bruschetta!!

psjauntie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just went & got the turkey. I will be doing the cooking, although DH is going to deep fry the turkey. I will do homemade stuffing, mashed potatos, gravy, fresh greenbean casserole, homemade rolls, pumpkin-spice cake, & probably a homemade apple pie. Not sure who all will be coming, but we will have leftovers. I almost look forward to leftovers as much as actual meal.

whuckleberry

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Plans: Visiting my mom and brother in New Jersey.

Menu: turkey, stuffing w/chestnuts and sausage, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce w/orange zest, and whatever green veggie dish mom decides on. Good lord, I'm getting hungry!!

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by psjauntie

Just went & got the turkey. I will be doing the cooking, although DH is going to deep fry the turkey. I will do homemade stuffing, mashed potatos, gravy, fresh greenbean casserole, homemade rolls, pumpkin-spice cake, & probably a homemade apple pie. Not sure who all will be coming, but we will have leftovers. I almost look forward to leftovers as much as actual meal.
Just one question...has your DH ever deep fried a turkey before?

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It should be supper at sis's with all the close family. Not sure if it will be the traditional or something simpler since niece and nephew will be with their respective in-laws for lunch. If so, I vote we order Godfather pizzas.

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am going to have to try a new recipe, since I didn't wait until after Thanksgiving to decide to be a Vegan. lol
I have to think of a way to do mashed potatoes that are as good as regular ones with milk and butter. I tried soy milk and soy butter last night, but they tasted funny.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

It should be supper at sis's with all the close family. Not sure if it will be the traditional or something simpler since niece and nephew will be with their respective in-laws for lunch. If so, I vote we order Godfather pizzas.
I have just been informed that plans have changed and I have been invited to nephew's house for the traditional turkey meal.

Stay tuned, plans may change again...

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know where I'll be! SO and I have a difficult time visiting our families and staying together... my parents are not married to each other, nor are his.