How does That happen???

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I woke up this morning (even though I really didn't want to) and I got dressed and went downstairs. I went into the bathroom to braid my hair and I looked in the mirror. The bead was gone out of my nose ring. As I loudly expressed my dismay, Hubby came in and looked at me and said, "oh, one of your earrings is gone too" So we went upstairs to the bedroom and looked under the covers and strangely enough, both the bead and the earring were there.

Here is the strange thing - the earring still had the back on it

I don't have a gaping hole in my ear, so how does that happen?

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've taken earrings out in my sleep before, so maybe that's what you did? Not sure about the bead though, but that could be because I don't know what kind of nosering you have.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The earring with the back still on I would assume you took it out in your sleep and just did not realize it.

The bead missing in your nose ring probably just came out on its one. I have a few CBRs in my ears and periodically the beads come up. Usually this is because the ring has been stretched a bit ,like snagging it in your sleep, and the bead will come out. It its a CBB then the bead just might have been loose. I have not had that happen with my CBB but have had that happen with my labrets. I lost a whole labret stud in the shower.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I guess I must have taken the earring out, I just didn't think it was possible to put the back on without actually being awake.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ping

The earring with the back still on I would assume you took it out in your sleep and just did not realize it.

That would be my first thought too. I am forever turning on my lamp in my sleep and waking up with the lights wondering how the heck that happen.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by knottybuoyz

It's that same mystical force that always takes one of your socks out of the drier!

Or, when you have cats, that same force sucks up all the kitty toys, too.

I've never lost an earring in bed, but I've had plenty of them come loose while in the shower...

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol! I'll give you one better than that......when my sister in law, neice, their cousin and I went to Memphis a few years back to see Elton John, we spent the night in town.....my SIL and her cousin bunked together and my neice and I bunked together. Sometime in the night I succeeded in taking my underwear off and pitching them out of the bed....but mind you, when I woke up I still had on my pajama bottoms!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
^Sleep stripping?

Losing the balls off jewelry isn't that uncommon. The treading can strip a bit. DH used to have problems with that all the time and eventually had to order some more balls for a couple of his earrings - due to the gauge and finish they weren't that cheap. He doesn't wear any jewelry anymore (not allowed to at work, it could fall in the pet food) and still has some stuff that wasn't even worn - and spare balls.