Problems uploading pics

bmw kitty cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
HI i'm trying to put pictures of my babies in a thread and it doesnt let me. I go to insert image but all i get is the google ads.

WHY?? what can i do in order to post pics!

I was able to do it a while back, why not now?

Help!

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try photobucket or snapfish is my suggestion

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bmw kitty cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cococat

Try photobucket or snapfish is my suggestion
Hm the thing is i cant seem to put a pic in this threa. i actually have them saved on flickr. but when i click on insert image from a thread here, all i get is the google ads...

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
don't click on the 'insert image'. instead, do this: join photobucket & upload your pix there. you may need to resize them - there's a resizing tool on the site. then, click on the tag under the pic that starts w/ & paste it into your post. you won't see the pic unless you preview your post, btw. but a pic definitely will appear! example below, w/an added space so that code & not a pic will show
[IMG ]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v383/laureen227/Theceilingfanissooooointeresting.jpg
same code w/o the space - you'll see that it's a pic, now.

HTH!

coaster

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Flickr is known to have had problems in the past with hosting embedded images in forum posts. I don't know if they've got that fixed or not.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
IE7 has caused problems like this for others. Unfortunately, the only work-around is to use the IMG tags that Laureen gave an example of.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by coaster

Flickr is known to have had problems in the past with hosting embedded images in forum posts. I don't know if they've got that fixed or not.
All you have to do with flickr is remove the
after the .jpg in the URL, it works with the ?v=0 on some forums but not others.

However, I think the OP was referring to the IMG button on TCS which on IE only brings up google ads instead of the script box it is supposed to

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

All you have to do with flickr is remove the after the .jpg in the URL, it works with the ?v=0 on some forums but not others.

However, I think the OP was referring to the IMG button on TCS which on IE only brings up google ads instead of the script box it is supposed to
the only time i use the 'insert image' choice here is when i'm direct-linking to a URL address. usually for smilies that i get here: http://www.planetsmilies.com/

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am having the same problem.
I uploaded Coco's pic and got a black avatar.
I tried from photobucket also.
I plan on doing bios for all my cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bmw kitty cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.