So how much of a Trekkie are you....

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My post and responses to my Star Trek movie got me thinking....which is always a dangerous thing!!

I have gone to only one star trek convention-they haven't had any around here in ages. I went mainly for the stuff you can buy!! Jonathan Frakes was making the guest appearance but seasoned trekkie said the guest don't show until afternoon and I went in the morning.

I bought a couple of pins and have one of those funky earings with a chain that one of the lady Vulcan characters use to wear!!

I have all the original movies not any of the TV series.

I have several of the ornaments-mainly the starships-not the first one though-any leads on a good price??????????

Some note pads and a SIL gave me a Star Trek pop up book.

Been years but did the visit to the Hilton in LV were they had the Star Trek theme. Went on a simulated Shuttle Craft ride (so cool!). Have some pics with me and Feringi's and a Klingon baseball hat. Ate at a Star Trek themed restaurant-Romulian ale anyone

I think thats about it for my Trekkie-ness!!

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well,

DH has all the TV series of the original series as well as all the next generation series, all the movies with the original cast and the next gen cast, ornaments, been to the hilton, we did a backstage tour of the premises, DH also had his pic taken on the bridge, we have t-shirts, we have a small enterprise model and a 3 foot model too.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
well, i'm not as into the fan-dom stuff as you are
i enjoyed all of the movies, & several of the series - original, Enterprise, DS9, & Voyager. i have quite a few original books based on different series, but don't own any movies or series for watching...

i thought it was Bajorans who wore the chained earring, tho

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was definately the Bajorans who wore the earrings. I have one of those earrings. I have more of the Next Gen books than most bookstores. I also have the complete set of Generations trading cards. I have a bunch of t-shirts and other stuff too.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been to several Creation Conventions (the ones where the guests are more likely to go to, as Creation has the $$$ to pull them in... small fan run cons do not), have met many of the actors... including (but not limited to):
Rene Auberjonois (DS9)
Majel Barrett Roddenberry
Nichelle Nichols
George Takei
Nana Visitor (DS9)
John DeLancie (played Q on TNG, DS9 and Voyager)
Armin Shimmerman (Quark on DS9)
among other actors from other shows... I may have met Marina Sirtis, but I can't remember... it's been a while and I met so many of them... and all of them very nice people.

I do sci-fi costuming, was a member of Starfleet for a while (before they got snippy with me for doing costumes other than uniforms... yeah, whatever), have three Next Gen uniforms (two duty, one dress uniform)... have lots of signed and unsigned memorabilia... still do conventions, but not Creation anymore... in fact I'm running some things at OryCon this weekend... it's more of a writers/costumers convention, but there are parties and lots of fun things to do... we're a little more 'hard core' in terms of fandom, I guess...

In fact, I'm in the midst of designing and making a dress for a Original Trek spoof we're doing... I'll be roaming the audience for it, handing out song sheets (yes, you read that right, song sheets, we're making the audience sing)... but I go all out on my costumes... it's fun for me... I am a sick, sick person...

Yeah, I wouldn't call myself a Trekkie anymore, but I do still love the shows... all of them.

Yes, it's the Bajorans who wore the earring with the chains... I bought one once, then started making them...

Amanda

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

My post and responses to my Star Trek movie got me thinking....which is always a dangerous thing!!

I have gone to only one star trek convention-they haven't had any around here in ages. I went mainly for the stuff you can buy!! Jonathan Frakes was making the guest appearance but seasoned trekkie said the guest don't show until afternoon and I went in the morning.

I bought a couple of pins and have one of those funky earings with a chain that one of the lady Vulcan characters use to wear!!

I have all the original movies not any of the TV series.

I have several of the ornaments-mainly the starships-not the first one though-any leads on a good price??????????

Some note pads and a SIL gave me a Star Trek pop up book.

Been years but did the visit to the Hilton in LV were they had the Star Trek theme. Went on a simulated Shuttle Craft ride (so cool!). Have some pics with me and Feringi's and a Klingon baseball hat. Ate at a Star Trek themed restaurant-Romulian ale anyone

I think thats about it for my Trekkie-ness!!
My daughter works for J J Abrams in Hollywood as assistant director. Their last big movie was MI3 and have also been turning out the new TV series Fringe. But to let you in on a little secret, the next Star Trek movie is done and will be released in May. I have already seen it and it rocks big time. You are dang right I am a Trekkie and very proud of my daughter!

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know, I am not a Trekkie so much as a lover of sci-fi in general. What I am really is a big fan of stuff that makes fun of Star Trek.

For Instance:

I also know of some funny Star Trek songs if anyone is interested, but some of them are not kid friendly so you should PM me.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think I could pick Spoock out of a line up

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lessee... I have a copy of the original fan produced Star Trek Concordance, and a near mint copy of the first TV Guide cover featuring Star Trek. The blueprints and lots of other things including fanzines of the slash variety.

During the 1980s a group in St. Louis held several cons and I attended them all with BFF and fellow fan Ramona. (I have pics of her kissing James Doohan and he personally gave me permission to sell them - but I never have.) Through those cons I have the autographs of all the major actors except Shatner. (Yes, I love those captions poking fun at Trek, too.)

Have all the movies on DVD and desperately want all the TV series on DVD, too.
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

My daughter works for J J Abrams in Hollywood as assistant director. Their last big movie was MI3 and have also been turning out the new TV series Fringe. But to let you in on a little secret, the next Star Trek movie is done and will be released in May. I have already seen it and it rocks big time. You are dang right I am a Trekkie and very proud of my daughter!
Color me envious!