Hello everyone!

im going nuts

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok Im here to figure out how I can stop this ordor in my house. I have a male cat little over a year old and this is starting to get annoying.

I love my cat and I love his purpose.

I make sure his box is cleaned all the time. I make sure he has enough food. I make sure he isn't stressed. Not sure how to rid of this problem.

Will Fixing my cat eliminate this problem?

Any help please thanks!

Dante

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Check out the "behavior" section, but generally speaking, neutering a male cat will stop the spraying pretty quickly, usually almost immediately. Sometimes, it doesn't.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

im going nuts

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So the smell I am smelling is him spraying? Also fixing him won't remove that smell from his pee?

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
An unneutered male cat instinctively will spray. You will need to get a black light to see where he has sprayed and then Natures miracle to clean it. And you need to get your boy neutered ASAP.

im going nuts

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
awesome thank you.....Where can I get Natures Miracle?

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You can get it at a pet store. You can also order it online. It is an enzyme cleaner that will take the smell away. Good Luck. I hope you stick around the site, there is a lot to learn and share with other cat lovers. Welcome to you and your boy.

krz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I can tell you from experience that an unneutered male's urine has the WORST odor!! I found a stray about 2 years old, he was not neutered. I brought him into my home and put him in one room, yes, he did spray and the odor was horrible. After he was neutered, thank God the spraying stopped but it took about 2 to 3 more weeks for the odor to subsize. Hang in there, once your guy is neutered, things should get better.

im going nuts

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for all the info. Unfortunately since the costs are a little much and the time isn't there to save up for it, We have to give away our beloved Kitty.

Can someone tell me where I can get a good home for him? I don't want to drop him off at the SPCA, I don't like that place. Also I don't want to run an ad either.

Peferrably someone relatively close to me so travel isn't much.

Short little story about Heman.

Little over a year ago we found him in a drain gutter unable to get out because his little paws would go right through the grates. Ever since then we have raised him and cared for him. We got the name Heman, because he thinks he is The Master of the Universe.
He knows his Name and he knows the word "NO!" When you call his name he looks at you and when he is being a brat We tell him "No!" and everytime we do he talks back to you by making a weird grunt or chattered meow. Almost like he is arguing back, kinda Cute! HAHA

Please any help would be great, we want a good home for him. He has his claws and he has not been fixed. Very LOVABLE, loves attention.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There are low cost neuter programs out there. If we helped you find one, would you be able to keep him?

im going nuts

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yeah we have found ones for like 25 dollars, but there isn't any opening until end of January. And we need something done immediately. We are losing sleep over the smell...Literally.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What city and state are you in?

Here, in my area, you buy the voucher and then can take it to any vet.

im going nuts

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Abbottstown, PA 17301

Thats the first time I ever heard of that...

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Im Going Nuts

Abbottstown, PA 17301

Thats the first time I ever heard of that...
Thats not necessarily in all areas, Im sure. Give me a bit and let me see what I can come up with.

im going nuts

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
closest one to me on that list was Lancaster and that is still an hour away

im going nuts

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the info. I will run this by my wife. I have a feeling we will still need a home, even though 51 is cheep, we won't be able to afford it. But we'll see.