Why I'm afraid to decorate my Christmas tree......

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok.....I put my tree up Thursday, and put the garland on it Saturday. The tree is still standing, but I came home to the garland having been "re-distributed" last night.......frankly I'm scared to decorate it! This is one of the reasons......this is Izzy.....he's @8 months old or so.....he has a brother and two sisters.....we also have his mom, she's so feral we can't even touch her, yet she's in the house, lol!

I'm afraid Izzy is destined to stay with us.....he's meowmy's little nutcase....talk about failed fostering!

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i know the feeling! i have shinobi 16 months, milo 20 months and coco 5 months. last year was bad enough but now there are 3 young cats, i think it's going to be fun!

izzy is gorgeous by the way!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm putting up a big tree this year for the first time with Jack
The girls are fine with it, ok Rosie puts her paw on the beads but that's about it, but Jack is quite good at knocking things off so it's going up next weekend so we'll see how he does

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The thing is..he can look sooooo sweet and innocent, but there's a wee devil behind those eyes! when they were younger, he was the "slow and gentle" one of the four, I'd have sworn that either of his sisters or even his brother would be my "wild child" come Christmas...but noooooo, it has to be him, lol!

ETA, the little bugger just came and crawled up in my lap wanting snuggles.....*sigh*

zooy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We've already had to buy another Christmas tree since they twisted the tree stand. Not sure how they did it but its not useable

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittenKrazy

Ok.....I put my tree up Thursday, and put the garland on it Saturday. The tree is still standing, but I came home to the garland having been "re-distributed" last night.......frankly I'm scared to decorate it! This is one of the reasons......this is Izzy.....he's @8 months old or so.....he has a brother and two sisters.....we also have his mom, she's so feral we can't even touch her, yet she's in the house, lol!

I'm afraid Izzy is destined to stay with us.....he's meowmy's little nutcase....talk about failed fostering!
Not only am I afraid to decorate a tree but am afraid to even have a tree at all. Alley is a perfect angel but Persi has climbed at toppled the tree the last two years! Is'nt it amazing the things cats do that we put up with and smile and shrug it off and accept the fact that cats will be cats?

estelle58

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I know what you feel... it's gonna be our third Christmas without a tree this year... with a 3 years old and a 2 years old Siameses and a 1 year old Tonkinese I don't really want to take the risk...

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Not only am I afraid to decorate a tree but am afraid to even have a tree at all. Alley is a perfect angel but Persi has climbed at toppled the tree the last two years! Is'nt it amazing the things cats do that we put up with and smile and shrug it off and accept the fact that cats will be cats?
Yup, it is! But Lee, the funny thing to me, is that I've had anywhere from two to 12 Himmies in my home at any given Christmas over the past 14 years when we were breeding them, and I have (knock on wood) never had a Himalayan to bug the tree! The year before we got Rusty we had a white DSH who toppled the tree every other day for about two weeks, lol!

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I know the feeling Google is going to be 8 months and we are going to start a betting pool as to how long before he either A) Knocks the tree over or B) We find him in the tree

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Funny thing.....Izzy's mom is feral......we can't touch her. But tonight while I was cooking dinner, I looked at the tree, and there, eyeball to eyeball with me was Miss Black! Mind you, this is a pre-lit, revolving tree.......she must have stayed there for 10 minutes or so, just going round and round and round.....I think it made her dizzy though, because when she came down she fell out of the lower limbs into the water fountain.......*sigh*

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I put the tree up 10 days ago--lights only. The ornaments I put on just this past Saturday. All the ornaments are on the floor. I've put the lights on the tree 3 times, the star 6 times and had to replace branches twice as Jack likes to move them as he see's fit. He waits til we go to bed and then gets in it--he's been more than halfway up.

Harley could care less thank God or the tree probably wouldn't still be standing.

Leslie

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Last year, I had 5 cats who'd never seen a christmas tree before. Two of my boys were adults, but the prior Christmas, we went to Hawaii and didn't bother putting up a tree as we wouldn't be there. So, last year we acquired 3 kittens from July to October and NONE of them did anything but chew the bottom few branches on the end. They paid no other attention to it until it went down.

This year, we only have one kitten to deal with BUT knowing him, he's gonna be the one to be in it, on it, rearranging it and then toppling it. We're gonna do it in stages though, plain tree, then tree with bows, then tree with ornaments as the last thing to go on. I'm crossing my fingers. I will have newborn Devon Rex kittens that will be three weeks old, but they won't be in any common areas....locked in my spare room/cat birthing room.