Holiday Cookies - What should I make?

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so indecisive this year! I know I'll be baking Thanksgiving weekend, but I'm not sure what all to make?

I know I'll make:

Chocolate Chip Cookies (OK, so they aren't "Christmas Cookies" - everyone asks for my Chocolate Chip Cookies so I have to make them.)
Sugar Cookies
Shortbread

I'll probably make:

Peanut Butter Kisses (you know, the peanut butter round cookies with Hershey's kisses pressed into them)

But I don't know what else to make! I need suggestions! And remember, my secret santa recipient will be getting their share of these too.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
only cookies? i have a couple of family favorites, but they're not really 'cookies'...

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

I like M&M cookies using the red and green ones.
i've had chocolate cookies using the mint red & green M&Ms before... they were really good if you like chocolate + mint!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Peanut Butter Kisses (you know, the peanut butter round cookies with Hershey's kisses pressed into them)
I don't have any suggestions, but let me know once you've got these done & I'll be right over!
I always burn mine or they fall apart - I'm a rotten baker.

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I know I'll make:

Chocolate Chip Cookies (OK, so they aren't "Christmas Cookies" - everyone asks for my Chocolate Chip Cookies so I have to make them.)
I love chocolate chip cookies! I was going to suggest them, even if they aren't Christmas cookies! Chocolate chip cookies are... perfect for any occasion!

Originally Posted by laureen227

only cookies? i have a couple of family favorites, but they're not really 'cookies'...

"Only cookies"? I can't even bake "only cookies" unless the dough is prepackaged!

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol, don't even talk about being indecisive, Heidi! I made a fatal mistake at the grocery store and bought the Pillsbury Holiday Baking magazine (if you look for it, it has a chocolate and cherry cheesecake on the front......hub and I looked through it last night and there are a lot of the recipes that we want to try!

ladylonewolf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, so far, your list sounds good!

I used to make cookies every Christmas (I haven't in a few years, but I'm thinking about it for this year) - I made Chocolate Chip cookies, Sugar Cookies, the cookies with the Kisses in the middle, and one year I got adventurous and made Gingerbread cookies. I wound up with enough Gingerbread men to populate a small town.

I make peanut butter cookies on a pretty regular basis - my son loves them. Last time, I put strawberry preserves in the middle of them, so they were like pb & j cookies.

You don't have to stick to cookies though; I've made fudge, brownies with peppermint patty pieces in them, and oh yes...those Magic Cookie Bars.

Wow. Now I want cookies.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I LOVE THESE!!!!
Especially with the dark chocolate kisses. Do you need a special recipe, or can you just use any PB cookie recipe?

Are you my secret santa? because I need these cookies!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

The swirled snowball cookies you make are really good.
Those were my FAVORITE that I made that year...but they don't make those swirled (white) chocolate chips anymore.
I've been debating if they would be as good using either the regular white chocolate chips (but there wouldn't be the fun colors in it like the red and green swirled chips), or the white/milk chocolate swirl chips.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Since you sent me the recipe I've made them with the white chips and they were a big hit.

I have been a recipient of Heidi's cookies before and I can attest to how good they are!

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh goodness.....I need to bake stat otherwise I'll start going crazy and eating any carb I can find, lol.

I've discovered that the more I bake, the less I want to eat those foods. :/ It's really bad, but in a good way.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite are chocolate snowball cookies which I made a huge batch of on Saturday...Now everytime I walk by the freezer they call to me......
seriously they really do