Does your cat wear clothes?

thomaslove

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This may seem peculiar to some of you - but do your cats like to wear clothes? Thomas absolutely loves wearing little outfits and will start purring as soon as we stick him into a little velvet sweatshirt we have for him. He doesn't like hoods, but sweaters, little coats etc. definitely yes.

Who else dresses their cat?

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I put Jester type collars on my cats a few times and they weren't too happy.
I don't think i will dare try anything else.
But they did look cute. I would love to see pics of Thomas! What a hoot.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by thomaslove

This may seem peculiar to some of you - but do your cats like to wear clothes? Thomas absolutely loves wearing little outfits and will start purring as soon as we stick him into a little velvet sweatshirt we have for him. He doesn't like hoods, but sweaters, little coats etc. definitely yes.

Who else dresses their cat?
Is it natural for cats to wear clothes? I admit that pictures of cats that I have seen on this site are cute but I prefer for my cats to be natural to the point of not wearing collars. (They are microchipped and never allowed outside.) I just like the natural beauty of cats and I think they really do not like wearing human stuff, they just want to be cats.

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I see the little outfits in Drs. Foster & Smith, and while they look cute, I'd imagine that they'd last about 5 min. on Zane.

From the ALA Bookstore I got Zane a collar that had the Dewy Decimal Number for Cats on it, and he hated it. I finally had to take it off when he got his back foot caught in it.

tamgirl99

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

I just like the natural beauty of cats and I think they really do not like wearing human stuff, they just want to be cats.
Apparently Thomas also wants to be human!

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will get my sphynx clothes because she will get cold.
My other cats do not wear anything not even collars.
Years ago one of my cats almost choked on a collar.

proudmamiof4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Although I have seen many adorable ls for cats!I can imagine I would be clawed and bit up if I attempted to put any on my cats!Mine don't even wear collars!

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As much as I wish my babies would like to wear clothes they don't. I know it's strange, but I would especially love to dress my little princess up. Frankly the fact that she does not like clothes suprises me the most because she LOVES to lay under the covers when it is cold.

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe this will answer your question

Church (the striped one in pics above) started wearing clothes and harnesses and stuff when he was very young so he doesn't mind it at all, he just acts natural when he is wearing clothes. Church even was a model for an online store, wearing one of their cat t-shirts. Roxy (the black Maine Coon) seems to not even notice the clothes are there, maybe because her fur is so thick anyway?

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had one boy who wore a sweater because he liked to go out in the snow, he didn't seem to care one way or the other.

chadsgirl374

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Is it natural for cats to wear clothes? I admit that pictures of cats that I have seen on this site are cute but I prefer for my cats to be natural to the point of not wearing collars. (They are microchipped and never allowed outside.) I just like the natural beauty of cats and I think they really do not like wearing human stuff, they just want to be cats.
I have to agree. Sunny is absolutely gorgeous nautrally. The only time he has worn a collar is after he came back for surgery as he's always under foot. We didn't want to accidentally step on him.

erinca7821

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
For a while Seamus went without anything, and then I put a collar on him and he loved it... he has a few now and we change back and forth to fit the season, etc. He looks naked without it lol. When Freddy came home I got him a kitten collar, but he's growing so fast these days I took it off, and with him he doesn't seem naked without it lol

As for clothes, Seamus is a fussy cat, but he likes to play dress up, he has a few outfits I'll throw on him occasionally. I'm trying to get Freddy to enjoy it too, but he's not as into it, he just tries to slink out of the clothes. I like to do holiday pics with the boys and dress them up.

In fact, I took a really cute Halloween picture and they had matching shirts... just when I think they don't like it, they sit and pose for me, so we'll see what we come up with for Christmas

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I insist on collars to carry visible ID, but to expect them to wear more than that would probably be as much as my life is worth.

However, cute as some of the pics of kitties in their finery are, I don't really want to dress mine up. In fact, it's not at all uncommon for me to say to Cindy in the morning, "What's Mum going to wear, sweet?? If only I had your lovely coat, I would never need to worry, because I'd always be perfectly dressed, no matter what the occasion!"

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mooch wears a bandana around her neck when I put it on her. She doesn't like her hat, which does have holes for her ears, or her ladybug hood type costume. Noodles will tollerate the bandana too. I've not tried any other type outfits on them.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by thomaslove

This may seem peculiar to some of you - but do your cats like to wear clothes?
I don't like my cats (or any other non-human species) to wear clothes. I find it odd.

musicalbookworm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Clothes! Ha! I'm still trying to find a collar Marmalade can't get rid of. Loud Mouth doesn't mind her collar, but I had to take the bell of Bast's collar.

Angie