My new cat drools!

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So…. My new kitten… is nasty!! I had a horrible sleep last night so this morning I was exceptionally groggy and out of it. I vaguely remember hearing a loud motor purr, little feet climb on my chest, and a little meow… What I do remember is how nasty my new cat is! She drools! And when I say drool I mean globs of drool dripping from her mouth. Its not cute little dabs of drool…. BUT….That’s not all! She drools THEN rubs her face all over your face so you end up with a nasty, wet, cat drooly face!

I have to say, very cute…. BUT what a disgusting way to wake up… I had to get up and wipe my face with a towel lol
. She’s worse then Bruno!

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Arwen will sometimes drool after cleaning herself...not nice when its wiped all over my arms afterwards...

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by silvionc

So?. My new kitten? is nasty!! I had a horrible sleep last night so this morning I was exceptionally groggy and out of it. I vaguely remember hearing a loud motor purr, little feet climb on my chest, and a little meow? What I do remember is how nasty my new cat is! She drools! And when I say drool I mean globs of drool dripping from her mouth. Its not cute little dabs of drool?. BUT?.That?s not all! She drools THEN rubs her face all over your face so you end up with a nasty, wet, cat drooly face!

I have to say, very cute?. BUT what a disgusting way to wake up? I had to get up and wipe my face with a towel lol
. She?s worse then Bruno!
Alley also drools when she is on my chest with face in my neck. I really believe that she is so happy and content. I consider it a great honor that I can make a female drool over me!

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Marcie falls asleep in my arms and she drools so when she gets up, my arm will be all wet and gooey

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When Speck was a kitten, he would nuzzle our necks (actually it was more like he would suck on our necks), knead, and drool. Occasionally he still drools when you rub his chin and he gets very, very happy. I used to keep baby wipes handy because sometimes I'd have to get up 2 or 3 times a night to clean my nasty face.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mojo is a nuzzler with me, on my neck, at night. When we first got her and she was still a kitten, she would drool so much I had a rivulet of kitty drool running down my neck.

Annie is a drooler, but only for her Daddy. It was so funny...Earl and I Instant Message each other while I'm at work. I get a message from him: "Annie's on my chest and she's a happy girl.
" Then I get a frantic message: "She's drooling! Is she OK?"
He didn't know that some kitties drool when they're happy. And she does drool when she's a happy girl and Daddy is scritching her head and chin.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Butterbean is a drooler (for about 12 years now...). Nothing quite like cat drool in your computer keys, or in your ear while you're sleeping....bllaahhhckkkkk!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My BF's late kitty, Cato, drooled when you skritched his chin and cheeks. I would pull away with a soaked hand - but a very happy kitty.

greycat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lil' Jag is our drooler - especially when she's being petted.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

My BF's late kitty, Cato, drooled when you skritched his chin and cheeks. I would pull away with a soaked hand - but a very happy kitty.
Butzie would be like RIP Cato. SHe just drools as she purrs. Plus, she has a whezzy purr. I spent some bucks at the vet when we first got her for this. Now, I just know that I have a droolie, wheezy, affectionate cat.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by butzie

Butzie would be like RIP Cato. SHe just drools as she purrs. Plus, she has a whezzy purr. I spent some bucks at the vet when we first got her for this. Now, I just know that I have a droolie, wheezy, affectionate cat.
I know what kind of purr you're talking about. I call it the "squeaky flywheel" purr!

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Harley is a drooler! Once you start petting him he starts drooling--he leaves wet marks all over your clothes or drools down your arms or neck. Very gross!

Leslie

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My cat Bob drools quite often, but really only when he's on you. He sits on me mostly. He sits on my lap with feet on my shoulders as I pet him. He purrs and purrs and then there are droplets of drool on my shirt. I do wipe him with kleenex if I have one handy. I think it's cute that cats do this, I think it shows strong affection. Also, this is the first cat in my 39 years of owning them that does this.

wyatturpsmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yep, drooling. My Wyatt
was a drooler, and then he'd sneeze, in my face! I read somewhere that drooling means they really like you as opposed to not drooling. I just learned to love it!

audiocat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Forrest drools when I groom him. He gets so happy and excited being groomed he just drools all over everything. It's kinda gross - but I still love him.

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Cotton drools.

He loves to lay on DH's chest and drool, then when he wakes up, he rubs his face agains DH's chin and sneezes on him...nothing like flying drool and kitty sneeze.

flyerd

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don't want to be a hypochondriac but while researching the Calici Virus (FCV) I learned that a sign of it can be drooling. I'm not saying your cat has Calici, I just wanted to bring it up.

Our recently adopted (4 weeks ago) stray (Babbiness) had also always been a bit "irritable" when getting pet around her hind quarters and I originally thought she was just moody but I also read that "swollen joints" can be another symptom. The soreness seemed more like moodiness because she seemed to be perfectly fine otherwise and showed no signs of discomfort. We didn't realize she had a sickness until her front paws got really sore & raw (causing her to limp severely) at the same time her nose got raw and formed a small ulcer looking spot that was bloody as well. As soon as those symptoms showed up we took her to the vet and that's when we found out she had Calici.

The good news is that after 3 days of treatment her nose is looking better, she's walking better, she no longer is irritated by petting those same areas and I think she's drooling less (only an "improvement" if it was associated with the virus). Calici is very contagious and is probably what caused my other cat (Tigger) to get a cold that almost turned into pneumonia a wk ago too. Babbiness is currently being separated from my other 3 cats until she gets a bit better (probably another day or two).

Again, I'm not saying that drooling automatically is a bad sign. I just wanted to get this out since I'm going through it right now...

http://www.cfa.org/articles/health/calici.html
http://www.225batonrouge.com/blogs/u...leashed102808/

flyerd

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This link provides some good info as well and specifically speaks to drool, snot, etc in the 3rd paragraph titled "FCV infection is often chronic".
http://www.sheltermedicine.com/portal/is_vsfcv.shtml

Ultimately, I've accepted the fact that all 4 of my cats will most likely be carriers of Calici and it almost sounds similar to the Corona virus in that most cats (especially in multi-cat households) end up being exposed to it at "some point" but I may be wrong there... For the most part though it seems to be very treatable. (Whew..)