My pregnant Devon Rex--pics inside

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Welll, we are down to 19 days before my Bonnie delivers. I thought I would share a couple of photos of her from tonight. I also wanted to see if anyone wanted to wager a guess as to how many she may have in there....Lele is the first to come to mind as she has Sphynx and Bonnie is a Devon/Sphynx cross.

I can't believe I will be able to feel the movement soon. She is not big at all to me, but she does carry weird. In the following picture she is cleaning her chest so the tummy sticks out more there than when she walks. She does show on the sides, but not much. Her nickname is "Tube" as she is normally very tubular in the body.

About how big are the kittens at this stage of gestation? I'm guessing a couple inches long, but that's a very uneducated guess. I can't find anything on the net regarding fetal development in kittens ie: sizes.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In another week she may grow a lot bigger. If she stays about the same over the next 2 weeks, then she probably will only have 2-3 kittens. Remember its about her 7th week in gestation (think of it as 7 months for a human). Most human babies get really big the last two months....so I'm guessing its about the same for cats.

My one rex queen had 6 kittens - she was huge at about 8-9 weeks pregnant (1 week before delivery).

lele

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ohhhhhhh she is beautiful!!! I am going to guess 5. She looks pretty good sized. She still has a lot more baby growing to do with 19 days left. Can't wait to see the babies..... Our sphynx babies are growing like crazy, trying to walk and boy are the colors starting to change. That has been really interesting to watch. Good Luck!! I know you are counting the days...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks to you both for replying. I was starting to think nobody wanted to talk to me LOL.

GoldenKitty, thank you for that insight...I love this site for the experienced breeders and advice. If there is more than one in there, I'll be ecstatic!! Being that this is my first devon pregnancy it's all new....but no guessing on pregnancy when you see them boobies LOL You might remember my siamese who had 8 kittens this summer....that's why maybe I don't think Bonnie is as big as she is. I am so excited, it's all I talk about....I think my hubby really DOES think I'm the crazy cat lady after all LOL

Lele, thank you for making my day with the chance you think she could have 5 in there. I am so not sure....I talk to the babies all the time, and I tell Bonnie how good of a momma she's gonna be. I swear, if I'm like that with my daughter when she has kids, that might be a problem LOL...thank goodness she's only 10 LOL Oh wait, my son is almost 18, so grandbabies will come sooner for him...but no talking to the baby while in a girlfriend's tummy...I won't get visitation LOL

Anyway, any other helpful hints, advice, etc would be so greatly appreciated.

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hiya Katch! Long time no see!

Yes, she is a beautiful cat, I'm infatuated with her. I am so thrilled for her upcoming babies, I can't believe I'm such a freak over it all. I am so addicted to devons and sphynx so this is just too much excitement to contain.

You say 4 hey? Well, only time will tell. I will take another picture of her next week to see the growth. We're down to 17 days now woohooo!!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lele

Ohhhhhhh she is beautiful!!!
she really is - i love Devons - their ears are so fun!
Originally Posted by lele

Our sphynx babies are growing like crazy, trying to walk and boy are the colors starting to change. That has been really interesting to watch.
hey, the rest of us wanna see, too! have you posted any new
?

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just to let you know, if you lived in Australia you might get 8 babies out of her. Several breeders over there (various breeds) are getting really big litters - like 6, 7, 8 kittens in a batch. I don't know if its the water or what

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Laureen, thanks for the compliment on my Bonnie...she is so gorgeous.

GoldenKitty, in the summer, my siamese's first litter was born...all EIGHT of them healthy and not a problem with them. I was shocked. I am in Canada though, quite a far ways from Australia...wish i was there, they have some of the best diving in the world....hubby and I are scuba divers. It could be something in our water too though, it's something we'll just never know

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She is registered as a cross. Her breeder said that people are wanting more of the bald devons and that's why she did it.

katch4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by skewch

Hiya Katch! Long time no see!

Yes, she is a beautiful cat, I'm infatuated with her. I am so thrilled for her upcoming babies, I can't believe I'm such a freak over it all. I am so addicted to devons and sphynx so this is just too much excitement to contain.

You say 4 hey? Well, only time will tell. I will take another picture of her next week to see the growth. We're down to 17 days now woohooo!!
Yeah I know ...been a while since I've seen you too! I have been super busy here. Had a bit of bad luck and terrible things happen around here the past 5 weeks but to sum it all up - I am hand rasing 6 orphan puppies now cause Mom was killed by school bus after pickin up my kids...and we also lost 4 puppies. But the remaining 6 are keeping me very busy!

I cant wait to see these kittens! I think devons and sphynx cats are adorable...bet these little babies are gonna be sweet!

Make sure to keep updating...I'll be watching

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry Katch for the loss of your dog and pups. I know hand raising pups can be hard. When I was 12, I babysat for these people who had to feed the pups by hand because the mom suffered hypocalcemia. I helped feed them when I babysat...I thought it was great LOL. Being 12, it was a whole new experience for me, and I was the one who told the mom that her dog had the problem because a friends dog had it happen. She was so grateful that I knew what was going on. I was babysitting when the dog was seizing.

OH dont you worry, pics will be plentiful when the babies arrive. I basically will be shouting to the whole world about how proud I am of them